LADWP’s power crews continue to work on electrical upgrades and maintenance to maintain power reliability and protect against equipment failure. However, in the event on unexpected outages due to a variety of possible causes, here are some useful tips to be prepared for outages and other emergencies, while staying safe:
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed.
- Only use generators outdoors and away from windows.
- Disconnect appliances and electronics to avoid damage from electrical surges.
- Have alternate plans for refrigerating medicines or using power-dependent medical devices.
- If safe, go to an alternate location for heat or cooling.
- Check on neighbors.
For more useful tips on being prepared for power outages or other emergencies, please visit: