For those of you we haven't seen yet, we can't wait to welcome you back. The course opened on Saturday for the 2020 season, and it was the busiest day we've EVER had. We are so grateful for the kindness and cooperation of all of our wonderful golfers, as we're all in the Covid fight together.
There are going to be a number of adjustments we'll all have to make this year, but we're all doing them to keep YOU and OUR STAFF safe and healthy.
WILL THE LEAGUE STILL RUN?
Yes! Things will be different, but there will still be a Tuesday Ladies League. We hope you will re-join if you haven't already.
WHAT IS STAYING THE SAME?
- The fun and camaraderie of golfing with friends
- The weekly date to keep up your golf game
- The variety of playing both nines of the course
- The fresh air and exercise
- The opportunity for prizes, with details to be finalized and announced
WHAT IS CHANGING?
- Tee times are absolutely mandatory this year in order to manage the flow of golfers in the pro shop and on the course for social distancing.
- Tee times will be booked on one nine only. Unfortunately with booking on both nines, the volume of golfers through the pro shop is unmanageable from a social distancing perspective. However, there is still the opportunity to PLAY both nines, which we will manage by starting all play on #10 every other week.
- Food service: For tomorrow, snacks and drinks will be available at the pro shop counter. In the coming weeks, we plan to open the restaurant with a limited takeout menu and we will continue to make adjustments as government regulations evolve.
- Social events are on hold for now until there is a change from the province regarding gatherings and restaurant operations. We are hopeful that change is coming and we may be able to carry on with the year-end banquet.
- No closest to the pin or 50/50 to avoid these touchpoints. We will continue to reassess as the pandemic situation evolves.
- Click here for our full list of pandemic procedures if you haven't read through it already.
WHAT ABOUT TOMORROW?
We are open for league play tomorrow, Tuesday, May 19th for tee times between 3 and 6pm!
- If you have registered already: You can book your tee time online by clicking on League Players Enter Here. (If you don't know your online booking login info, just reply to this email and I will re-send it to you.)
- If you have not yet registered: You can call the pro shop on Tuesday morning to book tomorrow's tee time, and you can register online or in the pro shop before your tee time. We strongly encourage you to register online to help avoid a rush in the pro shop so we can maintain safe social distancing.
REMEMBER: PLEASE DO NOT SHOW UP ON TUESDAYS WITHOUT BOOKING AHEAD. We know this may be a nuisance for some, but please remember that the point of all of this is to keep each other safe and socially distanced.
WILL THERE BE MORE CHANGES?
We are doing our best to make the best of a difficult situation. We had a great thing going with booking both nines each week, but sadly the world is different now, and we are all having to adjust. We will make changes if there are changes in government regulation.
However, this is still YOUR LEAGUE and we want it to work for you. Please let us know any suggestions for improvement and we'll see how we can accommodate.
At the end of the day, we just want you to get out there and golf. We hope this will be the start of another fun league season for you.
See you at the course!