Well it's certainly been an unusual year so far! We hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy.
For those of you we haven't seen yet, we can't wait to welcome you back. The course opened yesterday for the 2020 season, and it was the busiest day we've EVER had. We are so grateful for the kindness and cooperation of all of our wonderful golfers, as we're all in the Covid fight together.
There are going to be a number of adjustments we'll all have to make this year, but we're all doing them to keep YOU and OUR STAFF safe and healthy.
WILL THE LEAGUE STILL RUN?
Yes! Things will be different, but there will still be a Tuesday Seniors League. We hope you will re-join if you haven't already.
WHAT IS STAYING THE SAME?
- The fun and camaraderie of golfing with old and new friends
- The changing up of groups every week
- The weekly date to keep up your golf game
- The fresh air and exercise
- The opportunity for prizes, with details to be finalized and announced
WHAT IS CHANGING?
- We will be moving to tee times this year. Unfortunately the shotgun format doesn't permit social distancing with everyone entering the clubhouse around the same time to check in, with the card draw, and with the social hour afterwards, and tee times appear to be the solution to this. (More info below.)
- Social events are on hold for now, until there is a change from the province regarding gatherings and restaurant operations. We are hopeful that change is coming and we may be able to carry on with the year-end banquet.
- No birdie tracker, closest to the pin or 50/50 to avoid these touchpoints. We will continue to reassess as the pandemic situation evolves.
HOW WILL TEE TIMES BE ASSIGNED?
We see two options for assigning tee times:
- Option 1: You can tell Andrew each Tuesday when you check in if you will be playing the following Tuesday, and he will add you into the next available tee time. This will provide some mixing up of groups, but inevitably will not provide the random variety of playing partners we had by drawing cards.
- Option 2: A volunteer (individual or committee) could take on the responsibility of assigning groups and mixing up players each week. We would provide the volunteer with the attendance list for the following Tuesday, and the volunteer would email out and post tee times by Friday each week. Please see Jen or Andrew this week if you want to volunteer!
WHAT ABOUT THIS TUESDAY, MAY 19th?
- We have already had some interest in golfing this Tuesday, so we have started assigning tee times starting at 8:00am.
- If you want to play on Tuesday, call the pro shop at 905-641-8088 BEFORE 2PM ON MONDAY and we will assign you a tee time.
- If you have not registered yet, you can do that online or in the pro shop before your tee time on Tuesday.
- PLEASE DO NOT SHOW UP ON TUESDAY WITHOUT BOOKING AHEAD. We know this may be a nuisance for some, but please remember that the point of all of this is to keep each other safe and socially distanced.
WILL THERE BE MORE CHANGES?
We are doing our best to make the best of a difficult situation. We had a great thing going with our weekly shotgun, but sadly the world is different now, and we are all having to adjust. We will make changes as needed if there are changes in government regulation.
However, this is still YOUR LEAGUE and we want it to work for you. Please let us know any suggestions for improvement and we'll see how we can accommodate.
At the end of the day, we just want you to get out there and golf. We hope this will be the start of another fun league season for you.
See you at the course!