Dear Student and Parents,
On Tuesday, April 9, LFHS will host its annual Assessment Day. Regular classes will not occur. We will administer the SAT Suite of Assessments to freshmen, sophomores, and juniors.
Seniors will not attend school on April 9
This suite of assessments provides our district with data that supports a more longitudinal analysis of student learning and growth at LFHS.
- The SAT for juniors is mandated by ISBE and is a state graduation requirement. In the case of an emergency absence that interferes with completing the SAT on April 9, families should contact: Dr. Alan Wahlert at 847-582-7334 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Patrick Sassen at 847-582-7363 (email@example.com) for further information.
- For families of Juniors: Please make sure your student completes the required pre-administration process between March 18 - March 22. Juniors who do not complete the pre-administration process prior to the April 9 testing day will not be able to sit for the test on that day. Juniors will receive specific information via email and through Schoology daily announcements regarding pre-administration.
- Students with testing accommodations on the SAT (juniors) will be contacted directly by LFHS regarding the location of their classroom and the number of days they will test. Students who are required to test over multiple days will test during the mandatory testing window between April 10 and April 23. If you have questions regarding testing accommodations on the SAT (juniors only), please contact Anna Bahramis at 847-582-7708 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Freshmen and Sophomores
- LFHS administers the PSAT 9 for freshmen and the PSAT 10 for sophomores as all districts in the state of Illinois now administer the full suite for grades 9-11.
- Students with testing accommodations on the PSAT 9 or 10 (freshmen or sophomores only) will be contacted directly by LFHS regarding the location of their classroom. Students with extended time accommodations on the PSAT 9 or 10 will likely finish the test in one day and therefore may test until 3:30 pm. If you have questions regarding testing accommodations on the PSAT 9 or PSAT 10, please contact John Maher at 847-582-7746 (email@example.com).
- Freshman and sophomores will complete the pre-administration registration at school on the testing day.
- Should your freshman or sophomore miss the April 9 testing day, they will be encouraged to make it up shortly thereafter.
- Seniors will not attend school on April 9.