Mia attends nursing school at the University of Memphis. She is currently a Patient Care Tech for Jackson Madison County General Hospital and a Childcare associate here at LIFT Wellness Center. Mia has been a part of the LIFT Childcare team since October 2016.
Besides her beautiful smile that makes everyone feel immediately
comfortable in her presence, she is exceptionally loving and caring. Mia is dependable, creative, compassionate and always willing to help cover a shift for other employees. She always puts the children first. She loves to color, play games, and encourage the children to be the best they can be. Mia makes each child feel special. She is dedicated and appreciative of every opportunity given to her. What a wonderful nurse she will be one day!
We are thankful to have her helping us here in LIFT Childcare while she is pursuing her nursing career.
Fit Kids class new time 5:30pm-6:30pm
Same Rules Apply.
Must be in Childcare by 5:15pm
Kid's Klimb will be open to Members' Kids and Grandkids only.
Members, please remember basketball play is only for Members. Your guest cannot play basketball even if they are with you.
Also the gym will be closed to basketball play on
Mondays 5:00pm-6:15pm due to classes & activities in the gym.
Full court basketball play is
Tuesdays & Thursdays only 7:30pm-9:45pm.
ALL Members must wear a BLUE arm band to play basketball. These arm bands are issued at the front desk!
Members, we have partnered with The Blacksmith right up the street from us to offer you a discount as a member of LIFT Wellness Center. All you have to do is show your scan tag to your waitress to receive 10% off your order.
*Must show scan tag.
*Does NOT include alcohol.
LIFT Wellness Center's Culture:
Customer centered and clinically integrated
approach to health and wellness services.
May is Exercise is Medicine Month-Let's Get Moving!
"If exercise could be packaged in a pill, it would be the single most widely prescribed and beneficial medicine in the nation."- Robert Butler, MD
What an amazing world we live in! We have access to so many tools and so much technology that can save time and energy. With services like Clicklist and GrubHub, we have even more time to "bingewatch" our favorite Netflix series. See where I'm going with this? There are few activities of daily living that require us to move. Our sedentary lifestyles, along with the convenience and inundation of fast food, preventable diseases such as diabetes, anxiety, depression, osteoarthritis, cardiovascular disease, and cancer continue to be on the rise. We have a plethora of prescription drugs, surgeries and therapies designed to treat these diseases, but they are expensive and they can have side effects that lead to the need to take more pills. It's no wonder that we are getting sicker and sicker and healthcare is getting more and more expensive.
There is good news and there is hope! Many healthcare providers are prescribing something that doesn't come in a pill and has no side effects.... Exercise! You don't have to run a marathon or climb a mountain, you just need to MOVE...30 minutes most days of the week.
In this newsletter, you will learn about a great program we have here at LIFT called "Exercise is Medicine". This program is open to the community and can be the first step in leading a healthier and more active lifestyle.
You will also learn more about or Annual Walk 10K Challeng
e that takes place May 6-12. Pick your move... walk, run, swim, garden, cycle, golf...if you are moving, you are earning steps toward the goal of 10,000 per day.
Remember, a body in motion stays in motion...keep moving, your health depends on it!
-Miki Martin, Director-LIFT Wellness Center
Exercise is Medicine is a physician referred, supervised exercise program focused on healthy lifestyle changes. The program is 60 consecutive days and provides benefits such as improved cardio-respiratory fitness, strength, flexibility, and balance. Each exercise program is individualized to target the physician and client's specific goals and is constructed around the client's physical capabilities. All programs include a weekly coaching session to aid in progression towards the specified goals. Clients can choose to do either land exercise, aquatic exercise, or both. Access to group fitness classes is also included at no extra cost.
One of my favorite things is to hear clients tell me how much better they feel. Whether it's less joint pain, lower blood pressure, better balance, or greater strength and endurance--the Exercise is Medicine program has helped to improve the quality of life of so many people.
-Jessica Driggers, Clinical Integration Coordinator
Exercise is Medicine Level 2 credential
Helping people to overcome their medical conditions, anxiety, stress, or just being in a gym is why I love what I do, and working with the Exercise is Medicine program. Working with people and being able to see them smile and be happy throughout is what our program is about.
-Dylan Pittman, Exercise Specialist
Exercise is Medicine level 2 credential
Elizabeth always considered herself the "big" girl. She thought she was happy, but deep down she really wasn't. she was tired of being tired. Elizabeth has two little boys who need their mommy, so she decided it was time for a change. In December, Elizabeth started Weight Watchers. In February, she wanted something more. She then joined the Exercise is Medicine program at LIFT Wellness which was prescribed by her doctor. Elizabeth claims the Exercise is Medicine program has changed her life. Elizabeth use to despise working out, but now she can't wait to get to LIFT! Her boys can see that she feels so much better and how much stronger she is!
Elizabeth has been in the Exercise is Medicine program for 8 weeks. Since starting the program Elizabeth can tell that her overall outlook is so much more positive. She has energy, she feels great and the thought of working out excites her!
Elizabeth has lost 9lbs and 3 inches in 8 weeks and could not be more proud!
She claims that her husband and her boys have been a great support system at home and at the gym. Elizabeth loves working with Exercise Specialist Dylan Pittman. She also has a great gym buddy Ashlianna, who has been a great inspiration and friend!
According to Elizabeth "The Exercise is Medicine program is the best! It has taught someone who had ZERO interest in getting fit to working out 4-5 times a week!"
Elizabeth, we are so proud of your success with our Exercise is Medicine program at LIFT Wellness Center! Keep up the good work!
Come join the challenge and get your steps in, in many different ways! Even if you are a swimmer, cyclist, or you just like to work in your yard, this challenge is for you! Open to Members & Non Members. Non Members can use LIFT Wellness Center for FREE during the challenge! That's a full free week at LIFT!
We have some VERY exciting news!
Our Cafe is NOW open! We will be serving Bongo Java coffee, & healthy low calorie smoothies!
Our smoothies contain REAL crushed frui
t, No HFCS, no artificial ingredients, and are 100% Gluten Free!
Fruit sugar is gentler on the body than other sugars and causes less of a blood sugar spike.
With 20 grams of protein and a variety of nutritional boosts, including Stay Full, Trim and Tone, Boost Immunity, Veggie Boost, Build Muscle, Burn and Build, and Antioxidant Stacks, you can customize your smoothie. Your smoothies can serve as a full meal, pre- workout meal, post-workout meal, or quick energy to meet YOUR needs!
serving Bongo Java Coffee
from Bongo Java Roasting Co. , Nashville's only certified organic coffee company,
with menu items such as lattes, cappuccinos, cold beverages, etc!
Stop by and meet Karen, our Café Coordinator! She is excited to be open for business and is happy to serve you!
Officially open- May 1st.
Hours: Monday-Friday 7am-2pm
add more hours in the
We have been working on an app for our members for a while now and we are so excited that we are finally able to launch it! We hope you all download and use this app as there are so many awesome features that we spent
so much time on!
1.Search LIFT Wellness Center in the search on the APP stores for Apple or Andriod phones.
2. Make sure you click ALLOW notifications so when we send out alerts such as pool is closed, weather closings, celebrations, etc that you will get them!
3. If you have a MyZone and you want your workouts to show up in the workout section, you must use the same email address to create an account that you did with MyZone. (You can find this in your MyZone app settings in the app)
4. MyZone workouts will auto upload to your LIFT App workout section if you use the same email address. You do NOT have to connect it via the Connected Apps section.
5. You can check in with your app by loading your scan tag into the bar code at the top right hand corner.
The Rewards Section:
Gain rewards points by-
- Installing App
- Checking in with the App-Digital Barcode (NOT your plastic scan tag)
- Working Out (only 1 workout a day counts)
- Setting and accomplishing goals
- Connecting Wearables
- Referring friends
- Birthday Bonus
- Friends join via App Referral
- And many more!
You will only accrue 1 reward point/day for a workout and 1 reward point/day when you check in with your digital bar code. Multiple workouts or check-ins per day will not gain you more points. You MUST have your location on to gain rewards point.
You will be able to use your reward points to get prizes!
Go check out our catalog on the app!
The best way to learn the app is to download it and get in there and use it! There are so many cool things it can do! The more you use it, the more reward points you get and the more awesome swag you can get!
Please obtain the pass at least one day prior to your visit with your guest.
Each Member is allowed two FREE guest passes a year for their guest.
May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month
Being physically active is one of the most important actions that people of all ages can take to improve their health. According to the
Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans,
physical activity fosters normal growth and development and can make people feel better, function better, sleep better, and reduce the risk of a large number of chronic diseases.
The evidence about the health benefits of regular physical activity is well established. Achieving the benefits of physical activity depends on our personal efforts to increase activity in ourselves, family, friends, patients, and colleagues. Action is also required at the school, workplace, and community levels.
There are plenty of ways to get moving and some may even surprise you! It's time to be active, get healthy, and have some fun! Look for ways to incorporate more physical activity into your daily routine. Try these activities to start working toward your fitness goals:
- Walk or cycle instead of taking the car or bus
- Choose the stairs over the escalator or elevator
- Walk up and down the field while watching your children play sports
- Take dance lessons with a friend
- Do exercises, like squats, lunges, and stretches while watching your favorite shows
There are many health benefits to being active for people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities, but you should consult your healthcare provider before starting a new activity program. If you haven't been active in a while, start slowly and build up. Do what you can; some physical activity is better than none.
If you're interested in losing weight while learning healthier lifestyle strategies, contact the LIFT Weight Management - HMR Program.
Call 731-425-6820 or HMRLiftCenter@wth.org
Lift Weight Management -
Meg Hargett Testimonial
Family Gym Rules
We ask that all families read and abide by these rules
Failure to follow rules could result in termination of family gym privileges
- Family gym is Friday 4:30pm - 7:30pm and Sunday 1pm-4pm
- Gym is for family members only
- Basketball play for parents and children 12 and under during the above times
- Equipment is off limits for children (basketball only)
- Parent/grandparent must remain in Basketball gym at all times
- Proper gym clothing required (tennis shoes, workout attire)
- Must have shirt on at all times
- No shooting weighted medicine balls
- No climbing on nets/rim
- No dunking
- Absolutely no team play/practice
Currently hiring for a Massage Therapist. Apply online at www.wth.org
Click each picture to take you to the full size image!
During May, every 10 check-ins at LIFT Wellness Center will help provide a pair of shoes to someone in need. We're working with Causely and Soles4Souls to make it happen. You can add #giveshoes. when you check in. For more information about this month's charity, check out
P.S. If you haven't heard of Sweat Angels, here's how it works... Sweat Angels makes a donation to a great cause every time our members check-in on Facebook. Thousands of gyms use Sweat Angels, and that's why they're able to make such a large impact each month. If you need some help checking in on Facebook, just stop by the front desk and we'll show you how!
Please help us keep all equipment in working order by treating it like it's your own.
Things to know:
- The sauna is not a steam room...pouring excessive amounts of water over the rocks causes the rocks to crumble. Pouring more than half a ladle of water over the rocks can cause rocks to crumble, thus shutting down the sauna until repairs are made.
- The steam room has an emergency shut off button (red). This is to shut down the steam room in case of emergencies. It does not produce more steam.
- It is important to wear proper workout attire while using equipment.
- Blue jeans can cause upholstery to wear down prematurely.
- Hard sole shoes can cause cardio equipment and gym floor to wear out early as well.
- Do not drop or bang weights together. Dumbbells are not made to be dropped. You will get a better eccentric contraction by lowering the weights under control. If you have to drop the weight, chances are the weight is too heavy. Avoid clanging of weights in the pin selected equipment area. You should always keep resistance on the muscle during each rep. Meaning the weights should not touch until you are finished with a full set.
- It is important to wash all oils/perfumes/dirt from body prior to entering our pools. If wearing a shirt or shorts...please make sure it is of dry-fit material.
- Cotton can cause clogging of the filter system.
- Wall balls/medicine balls/basketballs are not slam balls. Please use the blue slam balls for slamming.
- Basketballs are for basketball only. Do not slam, kick, or throw against brick wall.
- No dunking/hanging on the rims/climbing nets.
Following these recommendations will help us keep LIFT Wellness Center and our equipment in excellent working condition.
Thank you for helping us help you.
- The hot tub will be closed for maintenance every Thursday 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM for back-washing and cleaning.
- The men's steam room will be closed from 2pm-2:30pm for daily cleaning.
- The women's steam room will be closed from 2:30-3:00pm daily for cleaning.
- The basketball gym and 2 lanes of the lap pool will be closed on Tuesdays & Thursdays 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM for SWIM/GYM (Homeschool program)
- Basketball gym will be closed to basketball play on Mondays 5:00 PM - 6:15 PM