March was March for Meals month! LOA joined with Meals on Wheels America to raise awareness of the importance of senior nutrition programs. Thanks to everyone who participated! During our Community Champions Week, we were honored to welcome local dignitaries who rolled up their sleeves and delivered Meals on Wheels.
Thanks to these Community Champions:
· AARP Virginia Associate State Director Brian Jacks,
· Botetourt County Administrator Gary Larrowe, and Botetourt County Board of Supervisors member Billy Martin,
· From Cox Communications, Jeff Merritt, Market Vice President, with an incredible 12 employees from Cox,
· Edinburgh Square Manager, Jennifer Sink,
· From Freedom First, Dave Prosser, Senior VP of Community Development, and Jeff Zigarac, Senior VP of Mortgage
· Sam Rasoul, member of the Virginia House of Delegates
· From Roanoke Gas Company, Paul Nester, President and CEO, and Brooke Miles, VP of Human Resources
· Mayor of the City of Salem, Renee Turk – who joined us for the 3rd year in a row! Thank you, Mayor Turk!
· Roanoke City Council Member Peter Volosin
And thanks to our Advisory Council members Sara Lovern and Alison Jorgensen, and Board of Directors member Annette Clark, for also joining us for Community Champions Week.