Commonwealth Council on Aging is holding a Listening Session
VIRGINIA’S FOUR-YEAR PLAN FOR AGING SERVICES 2019-2023
Hosted by the Local Office on Aging, Inc.
4932 Frontage Road NW
Roanoke, Virginia 24038
ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2018
(Session begins at 10:00 a.m. and will end at 12:00 p.m.)
You may also join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
Or dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (786) 535-3211
Access Code: 888-113-477
The purpose of the Listening Session is to receive comments on the following topics for the Commonwealth’s Plan.
- Older Americans Act core programs including Supportive Services, Nutrition, Disease Prevention/Health Promotion and Caregiver Services, and Elder Rights Programs.
- Discretionary Programs including Alzheimer’s Disease Supportive Services, Community Based Care Transitions, Chronic Disease Self-Management, and No Wrong Door.
- Participant Directed/Person Centered Planning for Older Adults and their Caregivers across the spectrum of long-term care services, including home, community and institutional settings.
- Elder Justice Activities to prevent, detect, assess, intervene, and/or investigate elder abuse, neglect, and financial exploitation involving adult protective services, Long Term Care Ombudsman programs, legal assistance programs, law enforcement, health care professionals, and other essential partners across the state.
- Virginia’s Funding Formula and funding allocation to the Area Agencies on Aging.
Each person wishing to speak for
may register at the Local Office on Aging
starting at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, November 14, 2018.
Speakers will be taken in the order of registration and are encouraged to provide a written copy of their comments. Pre-registration for speaking order will not be possible. Each person may register only one speaker at a time. Speakers representing groups and organizations should consolidate remarks to reduce duplication. Persons unable to attend may comment in writing
by November 30
Amy Marschean, Senior Policy Analyst
Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services
1610 Forest Avenue, Suite 100
Henrico, Virginia 23229