The Racing Continues in September with LOSHRS #5 & #6
Sure, it's September but we're not done racing yet. The LOSHRS races #5 & #6 to Port Dalhousie and then back to PCYC are coming up this weekend.
You can still register if you act quickly. Check out the details and links below.
Save the dates for the upcoming Awards Banquets. The LO300 and Susan Hood event will occur on November 16th and the LOSHRS banquet will be in early February.
Chair, Lake Ontario Offshore Racing
LO300 and Susan Hood Awards Banquet:
Saturday, November 16th, 2019 - Save the Date - More details coming soon!
LOSHRS Race 5 & 6 - Port Dalhousie Weekend:
- PCYC to Port Dalhousie YC: Saturday, September 14th Race 6 - Port Dalhousie YC to PCYC: Sunday, September 15th
Check in begins at 19:00 and meeting starts at 19:30 on Friday, September 13th at PCYC.
Race documents: Documents including Sailing Instructions and Official Notice Board for LOSHRS will be on the Yacht Scoring site. Please check just before the race for any updates or amendments.
Berthing at PCYC: If you are planning on staying overnight at PCYC on Friday, September 13th, please register for a slip early as registration will be handled on a first come first serve and space may be limited. Deadline to book is Wednesday, September 11th.
Dinner Saturday, September 14th: Dinner is $24.00 (plus tax/gratuities). The evening will also include prize draws, refreshments plus continental breakfast the following morning, thanks to our LOSHRS sponsor; UCC Industries International and UCC Steelwork Connections. Deadline to book dinner is today - Monday, September 9th. Please email the LOSHRS committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with you boat name and the number of dinners wanted.
Race Committee Volunteers Needed:
For the start on the morning of Saturday, September 14th from 08:30 to noon at PCYC
For the start on the morning of Sunday, September 15th from 08:30 to 11:20 at DYC. If you raced on Saturday and aren't on Sunday or you're a guest at DYC for the party, we would appreciate your help.
* Complete a minimum of three out of five LOSHRS 2019 events, of your choice. The draw will also be open to those who have completed two races and intend to compete in the final race. Provisional winners will be drawn if the first name drawn does not complete the required minimum of three races.
* Owner/Skipper (or yacht representative) must be present at the live draw, to take place after racing, Saturday September 14th, 2019 at Dalhousie YC.
* Draw Winner receives a Certificate for $5000.00 off the purchase of new sail(s) as supplied by North Sails.
* Certificate value applied towards the purchase of a new sail(s) for yacht registered and raced in LOSHRS.
* Certificate cannot be used in conjunction with any other North Sails offers and your order must be placed with North Sail no later than the end of December, 2019.
Please take a moment to visit the sponsors' websites and consider supporting them as they support us:
The Lake Ontario Offshore Racing Group is responsible for the planning of the Lake Ontario 300 Challenge, the Susan Hood Trophy Race and the Lake Ontario Short Handed Racing Series under the organizing authority of the Port Credit Yacht Club.