Registration for Race 4 opens today!
Lake Ontario Offshore Racing
LOSHRS 2020 Season
The LOOR Committee is excited to announce the scheduling of LOSHRS Race 4 at 10:25 on Saturday August 15th. This will be a day race in Canadian waters in the range of 35 NM starting and ending at Port Credit Yacht Club mark.
- Because of COVID-19 regulations, there is a cap of 96 racers, persons, in a race.
- Each soul on board a racing sailboat counts toward the 96. This will be handled on a first come basis (is a rule in the NOR)
- There are no combined, series or overall winners, awards or trophies.
- Racers must comply with PCYC COVID-19 ... (is a rule in the NOR)
- PCYC is unable to accept visiting yachts, so racing sailboats should come directly to the start or make other arrangements such as mooring at other facilities or anchoring at a designated anchorage
- As the situation is extremely fluid, including potential last minute cancellation due to COVID-19 issues, please check the online Notice Board right up to the start
- There is no charge/fee for any participant who has donated any part of their registration fee previously paid in 2020 for the LO300/600, Susan Hood Trophy Race (SHTR) or LOSHRS. The donation ranks as completing the payment component of a complete registration.
This Race will be LOOR OSR Category 4 instead of Category 3. The only difference in determining Category 3 or 4 is the planned overnight component and its inherent dangers. This means that any sailboat that complies with
LOOR OSR Category 4 Requirements
The LOOR Committee also decided to honour the
of Canadian Search and Rescue (SAR) groups to minimise overnight boating to help reduce the need for SAR resources and their potential exposure to COVID-19. These groups have supported boaters, in general, and LOOR racers specifically, for the LO300/600, The Susan Hood Trophy Race (SHTR) and LOSHRS. The Committee firmly believed that this is the least we can do to recognize these individuals, many of whom are volunteers with the Canadian and US Coast Guard Auxiliary. While these SAR groups are the boaters first responders, perhaps we can all take a moment to reflect and thank all the other first responders and medical personnel efforts and sacrifice in this crisis.
- Race is planned for daytime only and will be in the range of 35 NM
- Current LOSHRS registrations have been refunded and removed
- Registration will be open Thursday July 30, 2020 at 11:00 AM. REGISTER HERE.
- Sailing Instructions (SI) will be available at the Registration and Race Document Web Site by August 10, 2020.
- The fee will be $44 including HST per race.
- If the race has to be cancelled because of COVID-19 restrictions, LOOR will refund 75%, $33, and retain $11 to cover the costs such as credit card fees, online service fees, etc.
- The Participants Meeting will be held online on the evening of Friday, August 14, 2020 at 19:30 via ZOOM.
- There is no minimum number of participants
Once we have this race in hand, LOOR will look to schedule additional LOSHRS Races #5 & #6 before the Lake Ontario sailing season ends.
If you have questions or concerns, please email them to
The LOOR Committee
Join the conversation throughout the season and share your updates or pictures from each racing event. We want to hear from you!
Hashtags you can use include: