Keeping you safe and providing support in the new lockdown
As you will know, the government has announced a second national lockdown (beginning 4th November). This is a worrying and challenging time for us all and we want to reassure you that we are committed to doing everything we can to support you. The government advice is that we can continue to provide our current services (including repairs and new lettings) and our focus is on ensuring we deliver these services safely. Our customers’ and colleagues’ health will always come first.
Keeping you safe
If we or one of our contractors need to visit your home:
- We will contact you in advance to discuss how we can do this safely
- All our colleagues and contractors will wear PPE (masks/visors/gloves)
- We will thoroughly clean all areas that we have been in contact with before we leave
- We will maintain social distancing and ask you to do this around our team too, so that together we can keep everyone safe
- If you, or a household member, have any possible COVID symptoms, have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive in the last 14 days or have been told to isolate by NHS Track & Trace, you must notify us before the appointment
We will continue to carry out non-essential home visits virtually where possible (such as new tenancy visits and routine checks) and our office remains closed to customers at the current time.
If you need to speak to us, you can contact our customer services team on T: 0113 278 3335 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 has been tough and there remains a lot of uncertainty about the months ahead. At this darker and colder time of year, it is more important than ever that we look out for one another. If you need support in any way, please contact us as above.
We also recognise that the COVID pandemic has impacted on jobs and livelihoods resulting in many households experiencing financial difficulties. It is our firm policy that we will not evict anyone experiencing financial hardship due to the current crisis. We ask that you prioritise paying your rent but if you are struggling to do this, please speak to one of our Income Officers as soon as possible. They can answer your questions and signpost you to support. We have also set up a LYHA Support Fund to help customers who are struggling with fuel bills or staying connected with friends and family. Please visit: www.lyha.co.uk/supportfund for more information.
Please look after yourselves and don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you need to. We will keep you updated about any further changes and post regular information on our website and social media pages.