Would you like a wreath for your personal or business display, or would you like to lay one at the Cenotaph during the Ceremony on Remembrance Day? We have them available for purchase. We have taken the liberty of including an order form this year, this will give you an opportunity to see prices and make your decision.
There is also questions that we hope will make the process easier for all of us. (Please Note: Unfortunately, the storage facilities at the Legion are no longer available - we have just run out of room).
If you would like to lay your wreath at the cenotaph, please bring it with you, at the end of the ceremony our emcee will announce when it is time for all to form a line and bring their wreaths up to lay. Many businesses honour our Veterans by displaying their wreath in store front windows.
If you would like to make a donation only, it will be acknowledged at the Cenotaph on Remembrance Day.
Each year, the Legion uses the Poppy funds first and foremost, to look after our local Veterans' and their dependents'. Some of the other expenditures from this trust are:
- provide prizes for the Literary and Poster contests for local schoolchildren in all grades
- bursaries for local graduating students of Veteran's families.
- donations for relief of disasters in Canada
- medical training and research directed to geriatric support
- training or support for local community medical appliances to help with the care of Veterans.
If you have any other questions or concerns or would like to volunteer, please contact our Poppy chairperson and President Karen Graczyk.
Thank you for your consideration.