August 22, 2019
This is a special-edition email with important announcement information:
Morrison County Board votes to continue LID-
During the County Board meeting this past Tuesday (on August 20), the County Board voted unanimously to deny the petition to terminate the LID. The County Board
Order Denying Petition to Terminate the LSLID
s available on the website. The order in part read as follows:
"WHEREAS, the Board of Commissioners finds that the LSLID Board of Directors has functioned with consent of voters by pursuing programs, studies and activities according to a budget approved by voters at its annual meetings; and WHEREAS, the Board of Commissioners further finds that the LSLID is beneficial to Lake Shamineau by providing a focus on issues facing Lake Shamineau and also by providing a discrete funding mechanism within the area primarily benefitted by Lake Shamineau to address those issues. THEREFORE, the Morrison Board of Commissioners makes the following order relating to the petition to terminate the Lake Shamineau Lake Improvement District: The petition is denied"
Establishment Order Revisions approved-
During the recent Morrison County Board meeting on August 20, the County Commissioners voted to approve the Revisions to the Establishment Order.
The revised processes have been used for the mail-in voting process, voting for directors, publishing of meeting information and will be used for conducting business the Annual Meeting.
new Establishment Order
is available on the website. There are a number of changes in this new order, including:
- revisions to the calculation of charges to commercial, common interest and association properties with riparian access;
- clarification of the qualifications and terms of Directors and method of election, removal and filling Director vacancies;
- clarification of notice process for the annual meeting and of voting process for Directors, budget, projects, programs and other material matters;
- and additional delegation authorities to the LSLID.
The clause to add Morrison County's costs to the LSLID Budget was
included in the final, approved version of the Establishment Order.
Annual Meeting Reminder!
We want to remind you of the Annual Meeting that will be held this
Saturday, August 24 at 9:30 a.m. at the Lincoln Evangelical Free Church.
Doors will open at 9:00 a.m. for check-in.
is located on the website.
We have developed
Frequently Asked Questions
to provide additional information regarding the High Water Outlet Project. These FAQ's provide additional information on scheduling, grants, permitting, costs, financing, easements, previous project costs, financials and other project details. The
will be handed out at the Annual Meeting and are located on the website.
Following is clarifying information for voting:
- Vote 4 includes an estimated amount of $2,091,475 to construct a High-Water Outlet. It is anticipated that bonds will be issued for financing of this item to allow property owners to pay their charge over time. Also note that the applicable charge for these costs are estimated to begin in 2021.
- Note that all Property Owners must check-in and register at the meeting, even if you mailed-in your voting cards.
- If you plan to vote at the meeting, you must be there in person and you must present your secrecy envelope upon check-in and registration for your votes to be counted. Please also note that only the property owner can vote at the meeting. There is no proxy voting allowed.
- All votes will be tabulated with oversight and assistance from Morrison County.