As we continue to help cleanup the grounds in preparation for winter and the following seasons, we want to provide some updates regarding our volunteer leaf cleanup days, scheduled for Saturday, November 21 and Saturday, November 28.
Our top priority as a staff is keeping our community safe and well. With the increase in COVID-19 cases, specifically within Ottawa county, we have made the decision to make some necessary changes to these days in order to comply with the Governor’s guidelines. We have taken all necessary precautions but also are exceeding state and federal guidelines and safety protocols.
Please review the following changes to the community leaf cleanup:
- We still welcome and appreciate volunteers to assist with leaf pick-up on November 21 and November 28.
- Please refrain from gathering in a group setting at Wesley Lodge or anywhere within Lakeside. In doing so, we believe we are able to limit contact with others and slow the spread of the virus.
- Lakeside will not be able to provide any supplies, including leaf blowers, rakes, and tarps. We thank you for providing your own equipment and your efforts to help with this project.
- If you plan to participate on your own time, we again request that you provide your own supplies and assist by cleaning any area within Lakeside you see best fit.
- All leaves can be raked or blown to the street for later pick-up.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Sally DePerro, Lakeside Volunteer Corps Co-Director at (419)-356-7600.
We are indebted to those who have, or plan to donate their time tending to our beautiful grounds, and we are sincerely appreciative to all Lakesiders for adapting with us as we continue to navigate COVID-19. Without you, Lakeside would not be the community we know and love. Stay safe and be well.