Lake of Bays Association Director
Presented with Ontario Senior of the Year Award
On June 6, 2023, in celebration of Seniors Month, The Township of Lake of Bays’ Council presented the Ontario Senior of the Year Award to local resident Caroline Konarzewski.
This accolade recognizes Caroline's exceptional contributions to the community and her unwavering dedication to environmental stewardship in Lake of Bays.
Caroline's environmental leadership shines through her role as Chair of the Lake of Bays Association (LOBA) Environment Committee since 2014, where she spearheaded numerous initiatives aimed at preserving the local ecosystem. Her efforts in shoreline stewardship were recognized when she was honoured with the Doug Cross Stewardship Award in 2022 by the Muskoka Watershed Council.
Caroline's other volunteer contributions and accomplishments include:
- Member of the LOBA Board of Directors since 2013
- LOBA representative on the Muskoka Watershed Council since 2013
- Initiated and managed the Frog Watch citizen science program, monitoring frog populations
- Managed the Love Your Lake program, enhancing waterfront sustainability for private property owners
- Currently promoting the Natural Edge Program, encouraging shoreline re-naturalization through Watersheds Canada
- Oversees the LOBA Water Quality Testing Program
- Assisted with the creation of the Oxtongue River Paddle Guide
The Mayor, Council, and Staff extended their congratulations to Caroline Konarzewski and thank her for the continuous support and commitment to our community.
"Caroline has either sourced or written countless articles on environmental topics that have served to educate LOBA members and the community at large about environmental issues. She is always on top of emerging trends and has been tireless in her drive to understand what the issues are and share her knowledge with others," said Lake of Bays Mayor Terry Glover
"Thank you so much! I am really thrilled. I've only been doing things that I love doing. It's not like anybody has forced me to do any of this, and I really do appreciate this honour," said Caroline.
About the Ontario Senior of the Year Award:
Established in 1994, the Ontario Senior of the Year Award is an annual recognition program that allows each municipality in the province to honour one local senior who has contributed to enriching the social, cultural, or civic life of their community.