Update on Langmaid's Island
Staff Report on Langmaid’s Island Development Application to be available November 13
On Tuesday November 20 at 10:30 a.m. the Township Council (Planning Matters) will meet to receive staff recommendations and to vote on the revised proposal for a plan of subdivision on Langmaid's Island. We have been advised that the Township of Lake of Bays Planning Staff Report pertaining to the Langmaid's Island Development application will be available on the
on Tuesday November 13. This report will include recommendations to council on the developer’s proposed amendments to the
Development Permit Bylaw
(see appendix C , page 99 of the Planning Justification Report).
More About the Public Meeting on
Tuesday November 20 at 10:30 a.m.
Township of Lake of Bays Council Chambers, 1012 Dwight Beach Road
This is a meeting of the Township Council (Planning Matters) and it will be the last planning meeting of the outgoing council. Written submissions will be received up to one day prior to the meeting (November 19) and will be included in the agenda package for consideration by council. The public will have an opportunity to speak at the meeting. We have been advised by the Township Planning Staff that comments should be focused on the new material presented in the revised application.
to see the Notice of Public Meeting.
What is LOBA Doing?
LOBA is working jointly with the Lake of Bays Heritage Foundation (LBHF) and is taking the following steps:
- Representatives from LOBA and LBHF, along with our jointly retained planner Derek Coleman, met this week with Township and District planning staff to outline our concerns about the revised development proposal application.
- Further to this, Derek Coleman is preparing a written response to the revised application and we will share that with members as soon as it is available (likely towards the end of next week).
- LOBA and LBHF have requested the opportunity to speak at the November 20 meeting.
- The lawyer jointly retained by LOBA and LBHF will be submitting a letter on our behalf, after we have reviewed the staff report.
- Both LOBA and LBHF are concerned that the public are not being given sufficient time to read and respond thoughtfully to the overwhelming amount of material pertaining to this application. Given that this proposed subdivision was an election issue, we feel strongly that the decision be postponed until the newly elected council is fully transitioned and the public has had adequate time to provide well informed comments.
What can you do?
- Send your comments on the revised development proposal application to Melissa Markham, Director of Planning, Township of Lake of Bays (email@example.com). Please copy your comments to LOBA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend the meeting on Tuesday November 20, 10:30 a.m., Township of Lake of Bays Council Chambers, 1012 Dwight Beach Road.
- Talk to your current and incoming councillor and District councillor.
- Talk to the current and incoming mayor.
- Talk to your friends and neighbours.
to see the revised proposal and reports (click on Completed Applications)