Washington Township Parks and Recreation is hiring!
Washington Township is currently accepting applications for a Human Resources Specialist. Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field with at least one year of HR experience and be able to make practical application of standard principals of HR with strong knowledge of local, state, and federal laws. PHR or SPHR certifications are a plus
Position Title: Human Resources Specialist
Number Of Openings: 1
Position Type:The Human Resources Director is a full-time, salaried, exempt employee. Typical work hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm, but some flexibility is allowed. Evening and weekend hours may also be required for meetings and/or events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants, please mail or drop off resumes to: Washington Township Trustee, Attn: Hiring Specialist, 311 Production Drive, Avon, IN 46123.
The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for supporting the employees of Washington Township and maintaining compliance with local, state, and federal payroll and employment laws. The Human Resources Specialist manages benefits administration, employment and benefits compliance, and assists with recruiting and hiring, and onboarding, and assists with training and development, and performance management and discipline.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Leads recruitment efforts for positions identified by department heads, including writing and placing advertisements with various job search agencies and websites. 2. Conducts initial interview with job candidates.
3. Keeps job candidates updated with their status in relation to the job opening.
4. Ensures compliance with federal and state employment regulations; build and maintains yearly Federal and State Compliance calendar.
5. Manages the pre-employment onboarding process, including background and reference checks and drug screens.
6. Composes conditional job offers in partnership with department heads.
7. Manages the new employee onboarding process; ensures the appropriate new hire paperwork is completed accurately and on time.
8. Provides discipline and performance management support to management, including serving as administrator of Performance Improvement Plans.
9. Ensures timely completion of reviews for all employees.
10. Regularly reviews the performance management program (Mutual Action Plan) and makes recommendations as necessary. 11. Conducts annual wage comparison survey as directed by leadership team.
12. Collects promotion, pay increases, and/or other pay-related changes and provides to payroll team for entry.
13. Regularly reviews payroll entries for accuracy.
14. Coordinates and oversees the employee benefit/health programs (Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, HSA, HRA, FSA, STD, LTD, EAP, Basic Life, Supplemental Health, EAP, among others). 15. Handles benefits-related questions and complaints; acts as a liaison between the organization and the insurance carrier.
16. Serves on the Continuing Education Committee.
17. Oversees and administers OSHA reporting and Workers Compensation program; acts as a liaison between the organization and the insurance carrier.
18. Maintains active township roster for: Training Certifications, Driver’s Licenses, and OIG Exclusions (vital for receipt of township Medicare & Medicaid reimbursements).
19. Conducts and/or coordinates township training on HR-related issues including but not limited to: bullying, sexual harassment, HIPAA compliance, and customer service. 20. Shares recruitment and retention metrics and updates at Township Board meetings.
21. Assists in developing and implementing policy and procedures; partners with management to communicate policies, procedures, laws, standards, and governmental regulations.
22. Partners with management to help forecast and determine recruitment needs, timeliness, and strategies; manages headcount.
23. Handles ongoing interpretation and tracking of FMLA.
24. Administers and maintains employee files.
25. Maintaining and updates job descriptions and employee handbook as necessary.
26. Attends all Township meeting and trainings as required.
28. Partners with Trustee, Deputy Trustee, and insurance committee to select and monitor township insurance plans.
29. Assists department heads with township communication (speaking forums, Facebook page, internal newsletter, cascading communication, etc.).
30. Understands Township spending and serves as counsel to department heads when necessary.
31. Works with department heads and Trustee to gather budget estimates for upcoming years.
32. Assists Trustee and township attorney with unemployment claims.
33. Manages e-faxes and distributes to recipients.
34. Ensures labor law posters are posted in each building when updates occur.
35. Stays up to date on DOL and SHRM changes.
36. Updates township website as necessary.
37. Conducts exit interviews and provides feedback to leadership team.
38. Maintain and open-door policy in relation to employee grievances.
39. Investigate employee grievances according to township policy and procedures.
40. Attend conferences and trainings relevant to Human Resources.
41. Complete township verification of employment requests.
42. Answer the door and main phone line as needed.
1. Strong business acumen
2. Communication and consultation skills
3. Strong HR expertise in addition to cultural awareness
4. Ability to make decisions independently and as part of a team
5. Strong organization and time management skills
6. Exhibits ethics at all times as sensitive information is handled daily
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as basic internet browsers 8. Ability to build and maintain professional work relationships
9. Sense of project and task ownership
10. Ability to meet deadlines and respond to shifting priorities
11. Analytical and problem-solving skills
12. Willingness to learnnew technology as needed
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This position requires several hours of desk work a day in a shared office environment. Township Headquarters is home to many fire and EMS employees and serves as a training facility for local first responders, so there is a lot of ambient noise and traffic in the building, including continuous radio chatter from Dispatch. Most work will take place at 311 Production Drive, but the Human Resources Specialist may also be required at times to work at one of the parks or fire stations. The position requires occasional lifting of boxes and packages weighing up to 30 pounds. The Human Resources Specialist should also be able to move tables and chairs in various conference rooms to set up for meetings.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required for this position. Preferred Education A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field. PHR/SPHR designation is highly desirable. Reporting Relationship The Human Resources Director reports to the Trustee.
For more information on how to get your job listing posted on Employment Buzz, email firstname.lastname@example.org.