1. Accent of Color
– White, gray or common wood cabinets are no longer your only option for a kitchen palette. Many homeowners are now choosing their accent color from a paint wheel formally only used for picking your wall colors. Other trending ideas for color are a black and white palette or dark kitchen tile, countertops and walls.
2. Splash of Bold Color
– A new trend popping up is adding a pop of color, say in the sink or with a backsplash. Sinks in red, yellow or most any color in the rainbow are now available and add flair to a neutral kitchen. The backsplash is an open canvas for that art piece you have always wanted to add to your home, so why not make it a statement piece!
3. Farmhouse kitchens
– These kitchens have accessories once only found in your great grandmother's kicthen. They probably don’t fit in a modern style home, but in a traditional or rustic home, a kitchen with a farmhouse sink and other accessories, such as vintage style appliances, works well. Open shelves replacing wall cabinets is also a hot trend for a farmhouse look.
4. Transitional kitchens
– Mixing classical looks (like fancy hardware) with modern touches (like a slab door) gives you what is known as a transitional kitchen that can be new without being too futuristic.
5. Automation and Functionality
– With new technology, kitchens can be so much easier to work in. Soft close cabinets and drawers along with hands-free faucets can make those hard jobs seem a little easier. New devices and appliances allow you to use voice commands to control lighting and even add items to your grocery list.
6. Open Shelving
– Removing the cabinet doors is not just a farmhouse look, but also a modern look. Of course, you have to keep the shelves somewhat uncluttered, but this look works well for many kitchens.
– Cabinets with special units that roll out making things easier to access as well as helping to keep clutter down are the normal now. Not just pots and pans, but spices, utensils, knives, pantry items, trays just to name a few all have there own special place in today's kitchen. If you have cabinets that you need to get on your hands and knees to access, then it's time to think of remodeling!
8. Mixed Material Countertops
– A look that has begun appearing in more and more kitchens is mixed mediums in the countertops, usually mixing traditional butcher block with newer countertop quartz materials like Hanstone or Silestone.
9. LED Lights
– Energy efficient lights nestled in cabinetry and out of the way places lets a kitchen light up in a subtle way and they are now available in a variety of color temperatures.
10. Unique Backsplashes
– Glass, steel, stone, and even hand glazed and glass tile can give a backsplash a new and more interesting look in your kitchen.