I'm looking forward to continuing in our study of Matthew this weekend. We'll be looking closely at Matthew 7:1-5, about judgement and mercy, as we consider what it means for us to be "Re-radicalized" for and through Jesus.
I want to thank you for your generosity in our recent Food Drive and share the great news about the outcome. Your response was amazing! Over the two drop-off dates we collected a total of:
- 465 complete meal bags and additional bulk grocery items to distribute to families through Bread of Life Rescue Mission and UNITE North County
- $575 in gift cards for YoungLife Monarch homeless students
- and $1,650 in gift cards and $6,250 in donations to help our partners continue to meet needs in our community.
Also, I want to celebrate all of the ways your generous giving to our Benevolence fund is helping people in our church family in these difficult times. Since March 1 we have been able to help over:
- 50 households
- with a total of over $42,000 in financial assistance for things like food, auto, home, and medical expenses
- in additional to providing counseling and pastoral care.
Your giving towards Benevolence is offering tangible help to so many individuals, families, and single parents in hard situations. If you are in need of assistance, please reach out to us at (760) 929-0029 x158.
We will keep you posted about what our governor and local authorities decide about opening up churches. We have no dates but our best guess is that churches may open sooner than later with only outdoor services. We are making plans for that and it is to our favor since we would only be able to allow for about 200 people per service in our main auditorium with social distancing requirements. Children would be required to be with their parents and those who are high risk would be asked to worship from home. Our online services will continue as they are. Just know that we are eager to return to church! But once we are able to, it will not be business as usual. It will be church re-imagined for awhile.
Please continue to pray for our church and community. I hope you'll participate in our Monday Personal Prayer through Zoom if you have specific needs our team can pray for with you.