In the event that snowfall accumulations are over 2-3 inches the Lathrup Village Police Department will call the DPS Staff member on call. Following the call the
All major arterial streets are salted and plowed. These include:
· Sunset Blvd (Roseland to Southfield Rd)
· Santa Barbara Dr (Eleven Mile Rd to Roseland Blvd)
· Bloomfield Dr (Eleven Mile Rd to Twelve Mile Rd)
· Lathrup Blvd (Lincoln Dr to Twelve Mile Rd)
· Rainbow Dr (Eleven Mile Rd to Southfield Rd)
When Priority One routes are done, crews shift to Priority Two, which includes all intersections and City Hall (during office hours and when the Community Room is booked for events)
Crews salt intersections only where the majority of stopping and turning takes place. This permits "tracking" of salt beyond the intersection, and within a few days after a snow, the area is free of ice or snow for the most part. Concentrating on intersections protects the streets and the environment, saving the taxpayers money.
All Lathrup Village Streets are plowed but not salted. This typically includes two heavy plow trucks and 1 pick up truck which is primarily tasked with intersections and dead-end streets.