Emergency Layoff Aversion Assistance Program
award 11 grants
to local small businesses who require financial assistance in order to retain their workforce during the COVID-19 emergency. The application deadline is
5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 27.
How the Program Works
- Participating businesses or nonprofit organizations with employees located in Alexandria City and Arlington County that have 250 or fewer employees are eligible to apply.
- Application requests can not exceed $7,500. Smaller requests are encouraged.
- Decisions for funding approval will be made by Monday, March 30 at 5:00 p.m. Grants will be awarded to applicants who can save the largest number of jobs.
Examples of Acceptable Use of Funding
Layoff aversion funds could be used for innovative strategies to maintain business operations, including, but not limited to:
- Hiring a cleaning/sanitization service.
- The purchase of software/online programs that employees would need to support teleworking.
- The purchase of remote access supplies, including laptop computers and/or smart phones to support employees teleworking.
- The purchase of an online sales platform to sell services virtually so that existing staff roles can be re-purposed for order fulfillment.