LeadDIVERSITY, is a program in which a select group of professionals engage with regional leaders and the greater community to raise the participants' awareness of diversity issues, build their leadership skills, and enhance their networks. Each session is designed to help participants explore the concept of diversity leadership and to analyze its personal, workplace, and community impact.
LeadDIVERSITY is the premier diversity program in the area and is offered exclusively by The Diversity Center. Northeast Ohio companies and organizations have been sending their employees to participate in this program for 16 years. See what you, your employees and your organization can gain from participation in
- A greater Awareness of personal identity as well as the impact of in-group and out-group dynamics.
- An expanded knowledge of local experts, organizations, and resources.
- A tool kit for addressing issues of diversity in personal and professional settings.
- An ability to be an advocate for diversity and inclusion.
- An increased pool of involved and educated diversity leaders.
- Employees with an increased understanding of the connection between inclusion and organizational success.
- Employees with enhanced organizational leadership skills and a vision for the future.
What are graduates saying?
"LeadDIVERSITY pushed me to be bold, be brave and question myself on my own lens."
- Desiree Powell, Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Class of 2016
"Participating in LeadDIVERSITY offered me the opportunity to reflect on my own unconscious biases and to better understand how to overcome them in order to be a more effective administrator for my organization. Thank you for an intense, challenging, engaging, and inspirational experience!"
-Cindy Lombardo, Cleveland Public Librar
y, Class of 2015
"LeadDIVERSITY transfers an individual from a spectator to a participant in the important topics of diversity and inclusion. The program effectively provides awareness that subsequently instills understanding and ignites passion."
-Frank Ritzert, NASA Glenn Research Center, Class of 2010
"Through a program aimed at discussing, reflecting upon, and challenging notions of diversity, LeadDIVERSITY helps individuals of all academic, cultural, and economic backgrounds expand their own understandings of diversity and in turn improve their methods of leading others to make similar breakthroughs."
Jeff Malbasa, Spero-Smith Investment Advisors, Class of 2005
How do I apply?
Applications are available online now at
Spaces for this respected program are limited and they fill up quickly.
Applications are due August 15, 2016, so don't wait - submit yours today.
Please feel free to click on the "Forward to a Friend" button below to share with friends and colleagues.