VIDEO OF THE MONTH: Workplace Leadership
Why are some people great leaders? Are leaders born or made? These great questions are explored and answered. Individuals in all sorts of situations and positions within society can provide real leadership, provided they have the opportunity and the desire to do so. It takes willingness to try and some good social skills, but individuals can lead others to action. It requires effort and determination but, in the right circumstances, great things are possible.
to watch a video with examples of different leadership styles. Do you see yourself in one of these leaders? Which one are you?
ARTICLE OF THE MONTH: Leadership In Today's Workplace
When you focus not only on the "what" of what it takes to be a successful leader but also the "how", you will see your sphere of influence grow and your career soar.
Most people equate leadership with a specific position or job title. But you need more then a title on the door to have followers. True leadership is the ability to influence people to achieve a better result for an organization or group. The most effective leaders have strong sense of self; they understand the qualities that make others want to follow them, and they know how to adjust those qualities when circumstances require them to do so. The most effective leaders are those who:
- Know their own strengths and limitations
- Create and effectively communicate a positive, realistic vision
- Motivate and inspire followers to reach their potential
- Look beyond their own self-interest and encourage others to do the same
- Anticipate and manage conflicts fairly and objectively
- Exhibit self-confidence
- Respect and maintain personal and organizational values
- Are fair, reasonable, and compassionate
- Instill trust
- Behave consistently
Click here to continue the article.