Leaves must be out by 6:00 a.m. on Monday 11/02. We don't know if they will get to you on the 2nd because we don't know how many people will take advantage of the program. Their plan is to start Monday and then back out on Tuesday to pick up what they didn't get to.
Thank you to those who let me know they didn't make it. Please email or call me if they don't get to you by the end of day Tuesday so I am aware. We need to work together to make this program successful.
Some guidelines to keep in mind:
· The vac hose reach is 6’ so piles will need to be as close as possible to the road. Please keep leaves above curb and out of storm sewer. Avoid filling ditches, which can result in clogged culverts and storm sewer in the event of heavy downpours. Make sure you bring the leaves as close to the street as possible. The hose may not reach if you don't.
· Avoid parking along the street on leaf pickup days. If your car is parked in front of the leaves they can not vacuum them.
· Sign up for Diana’s newsletter for advance notice of vac days.
· This service is for LEAVES ONLY. Please do not include sticks, soil, trash, or metal which can damage the vac’s blades. If you need stickers for bags, they can be purchased at the Jewel customer service desk.
· Approach this service with reasonable expectations, given the unpredictable variables that exist. We will try our best to communicate the dates a day or two ahead of time. We also anticipate snow, ice, rain, and wind to throw in curveballs.