1. A RUSO regent is a voluntary position appointed
by the governor. What motivated you to accept
I felt it was imperative to have an impact on the importance of obtaining a higher educati
on and pursuing an economically-based degree. I hope I am able as a regent to demonstrate the true value of the education offered by one of these outstanding institutions.
2. Do you have a favorite quote?
"If you are going through tough times just keep going. Realize your potential and understand every day will make things better."
3. What is the best advice you've ever received?
Coach Vee said it best when he told us, "Face reality and don't give up." Who would have thought that someday I would serve on this prestigious board of regents?
4. What is the most unexpected lesson you've learned since becoming a regent?
I graduated debt-free, like many of our RUSO students, so I was surprised to learn that some college students incur tremendous debt to get their degrees. Part of this problem stems from not being properly educated on student loans. Financial management should be a priority class for our students.
5. What college professor had the greatest impact on your life/career?
Cecil Perkins was my hero and stood by me in good and bad times. He taught me to be tough and focus on the importance of getting my degree. He would always say, "You can be anything you want to be."
6. If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be?
I'm a big "Shark Tank" fan, and a bigger fan of Mark Cuban. He is one of the most successful investors I have ever known. Having dinner with Mr. Cuban would be at the top of my bucket list.