At Ocaquatics Swim School, our main goal is that every child can jump
in any body of water and return to the wall consistently and unassisted. Today in our Ocaquatics Online School, we will be learning how to do JUMPS to practice this safety skill!
- Start by practicing without going under water to help your child get comfortable.
- Once they are comfortable submerging, you can start slowly going under.
- When they are ready, you can teach them to go underwater, then turn back to the wall for safety.
- Once they are comfortable with that, they can start jumping in the water,
then returning to the wall.
- If they know how to take a breath by rolling over, you can practice having them jump in, rollover to take a breath, then swim back to the wall.
Have FUN practicing at home! We look forward to seeing your videos!