From the desk of Claudia Owens
I hope this December newsletter finds you enjoying the merriment of the season with family and friends! As we end 2023, I am excited to share some of the opportunities awaiting Legacy Leaders in 2024.
Legacy Leaders play an integral role in shaping efforts that affect change. During the October vision session and subsequent conversations the following were identified as the best ways to increase participation of Legacy Leaders:
- Accommodate flexible schedules.
- No early morning meetings (10:30am is a great meeting time).
- No Fridays and No Mondays.
- Offer both virtual and in person opportunities.
- Opportunities for multi-generational activities and collaborations.
- Work with a variety of organizations throughout the year rather than just one program or project.
- Look for one-off projects; using Legacy Leaders for think tank discussions.
As a result we are looking for ways Legacy Leaders can continue civic engagement and be of value to area nonprofits through executive leadership coaching, think tank for tackling challenges or other capacity-building exercises. In 2024 we will present ideas to support suggested areas of focus.