We can't wait to see you. Truth is, your beautiful face will be one of the few "constants" around here; of course we'll only see half when you walk in, but we'll know it's you! As implied, there are mandated changes in every area of the club, but I know we'll work through them together. So here goes, and remember, it won't always be this way:
Keeping Portland Strong
Please do not enter if:
- You have a fever or feel feverish, cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath.
- Been in contact with anyone having these symptoms in the last 14 days.
- Been in contact with anyone sick or tested positive for Covid-19 in the past 14 days.
- You've been out of state in the last 14 days.
While you are in the club:
- Maintain 6' distancing when possible.
- Masks are required when entering/exiting building.
- Masks are required in workout areas when 6' distancing is difficult to maintain; therefore, while working out, a mask is not required but certainly, do what's best for you.
- When exercising & breathing heavily without a mask, maintain 14' of distancing.
- Wash or sanitize hands before workout.
- Sanitize equipment before & after use.
- Sneeze/cough into elbow, sleeve, or tissue.
Our Commitment to You:
- Bay Club has met and will enforce all CDC guidelines.
- We are allowed 50 members in our space. That is after we account for staff.
- Equipment is spaced to meet the 6 ft guidelines.
- Plexishelds are attached to some cardio machines to meet the 14 ft guideline for heavy breathing.
- Our staff will wear mask/face coverings when not working out.
- Staff will also be walking around and cleaning throughout the day.
- We will be spraying a disinfectant nightly with a Victory Handheld Electrostatic Sprayer.
- We will continue our exceptional customer service!
Check in process:
- You must have your membership card with you because you will be scanning and keeping with you. Within the next 2 months, you will have access on your phone to check in!
- The parking validation machine has been moved so you can access and keep your parking card with you.
- Unfortunately, locker rooms are not available until that restriction is lifted - we are hoping by July 15th - fighting hard for that one!
- You should come in your workout clothes and keep you belongings with you on the floor; perhaps in small bag.
- Restrooms are available in both locker rooms.
- Front doors will be left open for easier access.
- You will notice a new enter and exit flow to assist in social distancing.
Scheduling Fitness Floor Workouts:
- Originally I thought locker rooms would be available to you, so we devised a system that would allow a certain number of male/female and would be scheduled online. However, now that is not the case, we are going to just let you come in when it's convenient for you and see if we stay under the maximum number. Certainly will adjust this process if needed.
- Sanitizing bottles have been removed and 10 cylinders with sanitizing wipes have been placed throughout the club to ensure there is no cross contamination when wiping down equipment.
- You will find it easier if you don't switch equipment between sets. Stay with one workout and then move to the next.
Scheduling Group Fitness Classes:
- Per usual, you will be scheduling your time in classes on our web.
- We will be allowing between 5-8 in class.
- We have a hand full of instructors who are comfortable with teaching.
- Currently there will be about 10 classes with live instructors weekly - Hitt, bodypump, yoga, barre. The schedule will be posted on web tomorrow and we'll send email when updated.
- LesMills Virtual (like in the spin room) has been added to the group fitness room with 4, very fun class formats - bodypump, Sh'bam, bodyflow & bodycombat - that will allow classes to continue all day for even just one member until we can get our program back to normal - hhmm?
Because locker room/showers are not available, I will be charging dues only on July EFT. I appreciate your dedication and loyalty to our staff and the club. I'm thinking you've missed us and much as we have missed you. I'm sure I've forgotten a few details so don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Oh, I've tried not to inundate you with covid reminders around the club - just enough to keep us all safe.
In Health - trace