To Members and Businesses in the Kensington and Area,
The Kensington and Area Chamber of Commerce is advocating for our business membership during this unprecedented time of COVID-19. We appreciate all the hard work that the Provincial and Federal governments are doing to implement new programs and assistance but there are businesses still in need of financial help and support.
We look forward to a quick and final resolution to this situation.
This is an unprecedented time and will have deep, long reaching effects; we need to look at the present but focus on the future. The future needs to be filled with all sizes of business operating and flourishing. We remind business owners to keep having conversations with us, their MLA’s and their financial institutions. With 70% of Atlantic Canadian businesses being in the small business category, it makes sense that Chambers support their members’ financial stability.
PEI is filled with many different unique businesses and we are advocating for each of you. Please share with us your successes, questions, concerns and specific issues you are experiencing resulting from COVID-19.
Some tips in dealing with COVID-19:
- Seek professional advice from your bookkeeper/accountant
- obtaining business, human resources or financial planning and advice
- obtaining advice on transitioning to digital or IT solutions
- obtaining advice on exporting, marketing, and logistics
- obtaining other professional services which may be of assistance in adapting or recovering
- from the impacts of COVID-19, determined in consultation with Innovation PEI
- Continue to have conversations with your lending institutions and creditors requesting lower interest rates, deferral payments added on to the end of your term, interest free loans, etc
- Take this time to adapt to using new electronic communication opportunities and develop your social media posts so that you can focus on your business activities when allowed to return to normal operating activities.
We realize that many businesses are not fitting into the boxes yet, and we are here to help advocate your special situations to the Government. The government needs to hear your individual stories in order to make adjustments to the programs they have released, so please share them. The need of a development of a simplified lending/repayment system between all finance departments/lenders; that are working together, supporting each other and the business community, needs is priority. An alignment of lending practices to match the business needs without the conflicts of business lines of credit decreases if another form of support is used.
We look forward to the future and being the spark that helps to re-start the economy of PEI. PEI is a strong and innovative province and we will come out of this leading the way.
Our office is closed but we are available by phone (902) 836-3209 and electronically by social media and