Dear Greenfield Families,
I hope you are all enjoying your summer and that students are actively engaged in their summer reading books and projects. The Greenfield Staff and I are very excited for the start of another amazing year in which we get to watch our students learn and grow. Teachers have been planning amazing lessons and projects for the upcoming year and are excited for the return of students. As August begins I wanted to write to welcome you back to school (a little early) with a few reminders for the new year
The first day of school for all students in Kindergarten through 8 grade will be September 3, 2019.
First Day Reminders:
- Teachers come to get students at 8:21 AM.
- Kindergarten and new First grade parents are invited to attend Coffee and Commiseration in the Library right after drop off at 8:21.
- We ask that parents regardless of the grade step away from their child in line when teachers come out.
- Students who arrive after 8:25 AM are considered late and will have to go to the main office.
- School ends at 2:50 for Kindergarten. They will be waiting outside the center doors on the playground with their teachers.
- All other students are dismissed at 3:00PM.
- Students traveling home on their own need to leave the school yard by 3:10 PM. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Our uniform policy has not changed. Every student in Kindergarten thru 8th grade is expected to arrive at school in uniform.
- White or Blue collared shirt or any Greenfield Shirt
- Navy or Khaki bottoms. -
- Shorts are ok
- Short or Pants with logos, writing or designs are never ok
- Jeans are not part of our uniform
- Closed toed shoes: No Slides, No Flip Flops, No Crocs, No Keens, No Sandals
Cell Phones and electronics:
Students should not be coming to school with cell phones, having them is against school and district policy. We understand your need to check in to see that students arrived safely at school and to give instructions about what to do after school. We recommend a simple flip phone as a great way to do this and is an inexpensive option. All smart watches and apple watches are not permitted in school. In addition phone watches are also not allowed. Students bringing these to school will need to store them in their back packs or lockers, ideally students should leave these at home.
This is the best way to stay on top off all school and home and school information in one place every week. In the first several weeks there will be important information about after school club sign ups like our new homework club and many other offerings.
Every parent can track student progress and attendance on-line through the parent portal. Parent portal can be accessed HERE
If you already have an account, you can just sign in. If you need to register for an account, you will need your child's student ID number. Most students know this number and if they do not we can provide it to you. They system may ask for a confirmation code, we can also provide this as needed.
If you have been volunteering at school or gone on field trips you have turned in your State Police clearances and Child Line clearance. There is an additional step you need to complete. To be cleared to volunteer you need the following:
Before you begin volunteering you must have your documentation of all three of these turned in to the main office.
We are excited for school to start as I am sure you are. Please review the uniform and cell phone policies with your students to ensure a smooth start to the year.
See you soon!