All checks should be made payable to the Law College Association and mailed to The University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, 1201 E. Speedway, Tucson, AZ 85721-0176. Checks will be processed and receipted according to the postmark date on the envelope. Thus, to receive 2017 tax credit, your check must be postmarked before December 31, 2017.
Credit Card Donations
Per IRS regulations, credit card gifts will be processed and receipted on the date the charge hits the credit card account. This means to receive 2017 tax credit, the charges must be made before December 31, 2017.
Information your stock broker will need to initiate the transfer:
1. Name of our Bank: Merrill Lynch
2. Bank's DTC #: 5198
3. Organization Name: The Law College Association of the University of Arizona
4. LCA's Account number: 410-02415
Information we need to alert Merrill Lynch that the securities are being transferred:
1. Name of the security
2. Number of shares being transferred
3. From where the shares are being transferred (bank)
4. Broker's name and phone number
5. Expected date of transfer
6. Donor's name
7. Donor's contact information (for tax receipt)
8. Purpose of the donation (for tax receipt and for where to direct the gift)
Please let us know this information in advance of the transfer to avoid issues with the security processing area -- we can let them know to expect it and can track it internally.
If you need assistance with a stock transfer, please call
Louie Tripp in the College of Law Finance Office at