Class of 2020 Parents/Guardians:
The following email was sent to your senior daughters from President Dr. Cheryl Kreger.
A Message from Dr. Kreger to the Senior Class
Dear Seniors Class of 2020,
I recognize the anxiety and range of emotions you may be experiencing. You should know that everyone at Mercy is “on your side” and we acknowledge the importance of your senior year and the traditions that are part of it.
With the unknown effect that combatting COVID-19 is causing, I would like to assure you of a few things. Mercy High School administration, faculty and staff are committed to preserving your celebrations to the extent possible. As of now, the following is true:
- Val/Sal candidate interviews are scheduled and will take place.
- The Sister Emily George nomination process will move forward. Click here for link to submit a nomination form.
- Teacher of the Year nominations and selection will take place.
- Prom and Graduation venues have been contacted and they are saving our dates. Both will work with us on alternate dates if they are needed.
- The importance of Moving up, Baccalaureate Mass, and honors ceremonies will not be forgotten.
These are indeed unprecedented times that require extraordinary measures from all of us. The uncertainty of the future will continue for awhile, so I cannot propose firm dates or concrete plans at this moment. As things unfold, I will communicate with you.
Meanwhile, please engage in your studies, keep healthy, pray, encourage each other and reach out to all your Mercy sisters.
Once again, I cite the wisdom of Catherine McAuley:
A community in which universal charity reigns, is capable of surmounting all difficulties.
Blessings to each of you on behalf of all administrators, faculty and staff,