These are the skills we work on in our Level 1 Class. Remember, that if your child has not been swimming during this isolation period, please adjust your initial expectations and start slowly as some regression might have occurred. Once we return to our swimming lessons, your child might also experience some separation anxiety as they have been home with you 24/7 for quite some time. We will all be patient as we work through this transition time and we are sure that your child will get back on their normal path to progression soon.
Thank you for trusting us to make your child safer in, on and around the water! We can't wait to swim and have FUN with our swimmers again soon!
Level 1 Skills
- Blowing bubbles
- Breath control and going underwater
- Opening eyes underwater
- Moving independently through the water with eyes under for 3 feet
- Happy swimming
- Comfortable assisted back float
- Wall walking (Choo-Choo)
- Jumping in and returning to the wall with minimal assistance
- Climbing out of the pool
- Exploring balance and buoyancy with underwater swimming skills: Retrieving rings from the island
- Kicking skills with boat mats
- Swimming to and from the wall
- Safety skills and information