These are the skills we work on in our Level 2 Class. Remember, that if your child has not been swimming during this isolation period, please adjust your initial expectations and start slowly as some regression might have occurred. Once we return to our swimming lessons, your child might also experience some separation anxiety as they have been home with you 24/7 for quite some time. We will all be patient as we work through this transition time and we are sure that your child will get back on their normal path to progression soon.
Thank you for trusting us to make your child safer in, on and around the water! We can't wait to swim and have FUN with our swimmers again soon!
Level 2 Skills
- Hand sandwich in front
- Independent back floating to count of 4 (Starfish)
- Independent roll from back float to front
- Independent roll from front float to back for a breath (Rollover)
- Swimming 16 feet with unassisted rollover breath. *To advance to the next level the swimmer MUST be able to get a breath independently (preferably by rollover)*
- Jumping in and returning to the wall unassisted
- Climbing out of the pool
- Kicking skills with kickboard on front
- Exploring balance and buoyancy with underwater swimming skills: Scuba Drops, swimming through hula-hoops, and retrieving objects from foot or bottom of the pool
- Safety skills and information