These are the skills we work on in our Level 3 Class. Remember, that if your child has not been swimming during this isolation period, please adjust your initial expectations and start slowly as some regression might have occurred. Once we return to our swimming lessons, your child might also experience some separation anxiety as they have been home with you 24/7 for quite some time. We will all be patient as we work through this transition time and we are sure that your child will get back on their normal path to progression soon.
Thank you for trusting us to make your child safer in, on and around the water! We can't wait to swim and have FUN with our swimmers again soon!
Level 3 Skills
- Hand sandwich on the front
- Swimming 18 feet of Rainbows and Rollovers (cycles of 4 arm strokes with 1 rollover breath)
- Proper head position while doing Rainbows and Rollover
- Proper flutter kick
- Independent back floating to count of 4 (Starfish)
- Blast off to Hand Sandwich
- Basic Backstroke kicks
- Basic Backstroke arm stroke
- Basic Backstroke to 18 feet
- Kicking skills with kick boards on back and front
- Jumping in, coming up on back and returning to the wall
- Exploring balance and buoyancy with underwater swimming skills: Scuba Drops, swimming through Hula-hoops, and retrieving objects from foot or bottom of the pool
- Safety skills and information