These are the skills we work on in our Level 4 Class. Remember, that if your child has not been swimming during this isolation period, please adjust your initial expectations and start slowly as some regression might have occurred. Once we return to our swimming lessons, your child might also experience some separation anxiety as they have been home with you 24/7 for quite some time. We will all be patient as we work through this transition time and we are sure that your child will get back on their normal path to progression soon.
Thank you for trusting us to make your child safer in, on and around the water! We can't wait to swim and have FUN with our swimmers again soon!
Level 4 Skills
- Hand sandwich in front
- Swimming 18 feet of Rainbows and Rollovers (cycles of 4 arm strokes with 1 rollover breath)
- Arms out of the water on Freestyle
- Proper flutter kick
- Introduction to side breathing
- Hand sandwich on back
- Swimming backstroke for 18 feet with proper head position, proper arm strokes, and proper flutter kick
- Basic dolphin kicks for 18 feet
- Exploring balance and buoyancy with underwater swimming skills: Scuba Drops, swimming through Hula-hoops, and retrieving objects from the bottom of the pool
- Jumping in, coming up on back and returning to the wall
- Safety skills and information