March 13, 2020
17 Adar 5780
Dear Levine Families,
In an effort to provide the fullest protection to all in our community and by way of partnership with Dallas area emergency action planning, Levine Academy will close starting Monday morning, March 16. Classes will continue throughout the day today, Friday, March 13, according to our regular schedule today with regular dismissals and carpool. The building will be open until 6:00 PM today. Please have your children collect any items they may need at home for the school closure.
Levine will be closed throughout the next two weeks. Our administrative team will be conferencing regularly throughout this period of closure in order to monitor the situation. We will communicate an updated assessment prior to Friday, March 27 regarding whether to reopen school on Monday, March 30.
Teachers and staff ONLY will report to school on Monday and Tuesday, March 16 & 17, for preparation days.
Early Childhood teachers will assemble learning packets for their students.
Our facilities maintenance crew will begin a thorough cleaning and sanitation of the campus following our professional preparation days. Our campus will be closed as of Tuesday, March 17, at 1:00 PM.
Parent/Teacher Conferences, which were scheduled for Thursday, March 19, will be postponed until further notice.
What does school closure mean for our families?
The information in this section of our letter comes from our national health agencies, regarding school closures during times of pandemic:
- The purpose of school closure is to allow for social distancing and to minimize the transmission of virus.
- Health agencies advise that school families refrain from arranging play dates, holding group activities, or attending amusement locations where there are large concentrations of people.
- Families should avoid non-essential travel during this time. Parents are strongly encouraged to work from home, if possible, and to stay home whenever possible. It is critical for adults to set the right example.
- Refrain from contact sports.
- If you are going to restaurants, order pick-up and/or delivery.
Rabbi Litton will be in touch with families regarding restrictions and protocols on Jewish practices that are being communicated throughout the rabbinic community across the country.
On behalf of my faculty, staff, and administrative colleagues, I thank all of our parents, including the many who work in key positions in the medical profession and have been in constant communication with us throughout this crisis, for your partnership, understanding, patience, and cooperation.
Please know that our teachers will be in touch with our families and students early next week as we launch into this new phase of Levine-At-Home.
Thank you and Shabbat Shalom,
Head of School