Here are a few updates from the Faust Law Library as we embark upon the Fall semester. Services may change throughout the semester depending on the status of the virus. For the latest on library services, see
- Librarians will continue working remotely Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm, teaching, assisting faculty and students, and providing remote reference (via email or phone). You can email the reference desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or email your library liaison directly. Forgot who your library liaison is? Check here. The reference desk phone number is (801) 581-6184.
- The current plan is for one librarian to be on site from 10am to 2pm Monday through Friday for on-site needs once classes start. This is subject to change as circumstances change.
- There will be no physical course reserves in the fall. Please advise students to plan on ordering their own casebooks, etc.
- We will not be checking out power cords or chargers this semester.
- Members of the campus community and members of the public with current library memberships will be able to check out materials from the law library.
- ILL is now partially open with limited hours; we can process requests going forward. However, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to obtain requested materials as many other libraries are not yet open and lending. Hopefully, our ability to obtain items will increase as schools open for the fall semester.
- We will not be open to the public for on-site use. Members of the public with current library memberships will be able to check out materials from the law library. They will need to request items in advance and arrange for curbside pickup. We will continue to assist patrons remotely. If patrons self-identify as Quinney alums, we will make special efforts to help them.
- The Marriott Library is beginning a phased reopening on August 3. For more information, see here. Faculty, staff, and students will need to arrange to pick up their own Marriott items since there will be no on-campus delivery. Marriott books can be requested through the catalog.
- At the request of Dean Kronk Warner to consolidate the library, we undertook a significant weeding project this summer. Library materials are now located on the first, fourth, and fifth floors of the building. A chart of where items can be found is located here. Please contact a librarian if you have any questions.
- Library administrative offices have moved off the first floor. Technical services, including Dan Burn and Laura Robinson, is now located in the eastern most ARA on the third floor (near the faculty offices). Alicia Brillon is in office 3231 and Melissa Bernstein is in office 4227.
- Lexis has rolled out a new platform called Lexis+. (There are some changes to the look and feel but the search platform is largely the same. You can read more about Lexis+ here.) It is already available to faculty and will be available to students on August 3. Faculty will have access to both Lexis Advance and Lexis+ until December 31, 2020. If you would like training on Lexis+, please contact Suzanne Darais and she can set up something with our Lexis rep, Kristy Ballard. You can also contact Kristy directly at Kristy.email@example.com.
Library contact reminders:
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or if we can be of any assistance. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding as we continue to try to meet your needs in these unusual times. We are here to help!