To the Falmouth Community,
Since the coronavirus (COVID-19) has been presumptively confirmed in three cases in Maine, and based on recent guidelines, Falmouth Memorial Library will temporarily suspend all Library sponsored programs, regardless of location, through the month of April.
These programs include:
Flukes: both practices and events
A Common Yarn
We will reschedule these events as soon as it is deemed prudent to do so. It is a decision that was made in consideration of the safety of our community, including the Library staff and vulnerable populations within our community. Our patrons, staff, and program participants safety and health are our greatest concern.
Due to public access restrictions at the Mason-Motz property, Falmouth Memorial Library will close to all regular services, tonight, March 13, 2020 at 5pm.
Our book drop at Mason-Motz will remain open for returns, but all fines are suspended during this time.
Any questions regarding the Library may be directed to Library Director, Andi Jackson-Darling at
. Or feel free to call and leave a message at 207-781-2351. Staff will respond Mondays through Fridays between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm. We will keep you up to date via our website and social media. www.falmouthmemoriallibrary.org
Should guidance from the CDC change, we will keep you informed. We encourage you to follow the recommendations of the CDC to protect yourself and others. You can play an active role in preventing the spread of the coronavirus by following these everyday preventative measures as recommended by the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care,