Limbs should be placed on the edge of your yard by 7 a.m. on Monday morning of the following schedule between March and November.
- East of Lewisville-Clemmons Road and Middlebrook Drive (Winston-Salem side) - 2nd full week of the month
- West of Lewisville-Clemmons Road and Middlebrook Drive (Tanglewood side) - 1st full week of the month
Pickups occur during the scheduled week. It is not possible to specify an exact day of the week for pickup. For collection schedules, the 1st week of the month begins with the 1st Monday of the month.
Requirements and Placement
- Limbs must not exceed 6 inches in diameter and 16 feet in length.
- Limbs should be big enough to be collected with a pitchfork – no twig piles.
- Limbs should be stacked neatly in one pile with all limbs facing the same direction.
- Limb piles should be placed in an accessible area at the edge of the yard – not under wires, low hanging branches, or blocked by vehicles.
- Shrubbery trimmings can be placed on top of limb piles.
- Do not place dirt, mulch, roots, rotten wood, rocks, metal, trash or building materials in limb piles.
Limb Piles that Cannot be Collected by the Village
- Commercially cut limbs.
- Limbs that do not meet the size requirements.
- Limbs mixed with other materials, i.e. dirt, rocks, trash, building materials.
- Limbs improperly placed or placed in inaccessible areas.