All new rules, regulations, and facility layouts set by MRD are in accordance and compliance with Federal, State, and Local mandates and guidelines. Please keep this in consideration when re-entering MRD facilities and taking part in future MRD programs.
PASSES AND PURCHASING:
What pass and purchase options are available?
All passes are dormant. Billing ceased in April, and has not resumed. If you’d like to activate and utilize your annual pass, call the Customer Service desk at 249-7705 to better understand your options. You may purchase a day use visit at regular price, or our new reduced rate Pandemic Punch Pass.
So, what is this Pandemic Punch Pass?
The Pandemic Punch Pass is a short term reduced rate punch card that can be loaded with between 5 to 20 visits at $4/visit. These passes expire 7/31/2020.
Which option is right for me?
This depends on your usage and the cost of your annual pass. For frequent users it will be more cost effective to activate your annual pass. For less frequent users, the Pandemic Punch Pass may be the best option. Refer to the fee tables in the Activity Guides to inform your decision.
Can I use my current punch pass?
Yes. All current punch pass expiration dates have been extended 6 months. You can purchase a reduced rate Pandemic Punch Pass to use now, and save the current punch pass for later.
What about my 3 Month Pass?
Currently it is dormant. If you would like to activate it, notify the front desk. We’ll activate it with the same amount number of days that were remaining when the facility closed on 3/17/2020.
I rented a locker. May I use it?
Not at this time. You may gather your belongings from your locker. Patrons are required to come ready to exercise. Please contact us regarding the status of your locker rental.
AMENITIES AND PROGRAMS:
What MRD amenities and programs are available?
All of the following are available beginning Tuesday, June 2nd, following 6’ social distancing requirements and gathering size limit of 10 people.
- Activities at the CRC are limited to fitness equipment and the walking track for ages 16+. Options are reservation based. See the “Reservation” section for details.
- Outdoor Pickleball Courts: Reservation.
- Outdoor Korean Karate: Enrollment required
- Summer Enrichment: Enrollment required
- Tennis Courts: Drop-in.
- Tennis Lessons: Enrollment required
What MRD amenities are
available (at this time)?
- Adult Sports
- Child Watch and Indoor Playground
- Climbing Wall
- FitZone and Group Fitness Classes
- Game Room
- Gym Sports
- Lockers and Locker Rooms
- Lobby Area
- Party Rooms
- Racquetball Courts
- Youth Sports
Is the pool open?
- No. There will be updates on aquatics by Friday, June 5th.
WHAT TO EXPECT UPON ARRIVAL?
What are the Hours of Operation?
- Monday - Friday: 6:00am-12:00pm and 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am-12:00pm
- Closed on Sunday
What is the Check in Process?
- There will be a check in station outside the main entry. To facilitate this, please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your reservation.
- Symptom screening
- Temperature check
- Masks required upon entry/exit as well as when moving about the facility
- Sanitize hands before entering the facility
- Check in with the Customer Service Desk. All patrons are required to sign an updated waiver.
- Proceed to your reserved area and check in with the Fitness Attendant assigned to that area.
Can I utilize the facility without a reservation?
- Drop ins will be allowed only as reservations are not previously filled, but are not guaranteed due to strict capacity limits.
Do I need to wear a mask?
All patrons are required to wear a mask or facial covering at all times when not engaged in a reserved exercise activity.
- This includes:
- When entering and exiting the building.
- Walking through the building.
- Anytime social distancing cannot be maintained. Always keep your mask ready for immediate use.
I’m going to work right after (or coming right from work). Can I get ready at the CRC?
- Please arrive workout ready.
- Showers, lockers, locker rooms, and cubbies will not be available. Please limit personal items.
- Bring a mat if you need one. They will not be provided by MRD.
- Come ready to exercise in comfortable attire, ceiling fans will not be activated to reduce the agitation of air in enclosed spaces.
Are reservations required?
- Reservations are strongly recommended for admittance, and the only way to guarantee facility access.
- The reservation process will be activated at www.montroserec.com on Monday, June 1st at Noon.
How do I make a reservation?
- Online at www.montroserec.com. This will become available on Monday, June 1st at Noon.
- By phone: 249-7705, during business hours.
- In person at the CRC.
Do I pay for my reservation ahead of time?
- If you’re using a pass of any kind, you will just scan as usual.
- Pandemic Punch Passes need to be purchased over the phone or in person.
- Daily admissions can be purchased online, by phone, or in person.
- We encourage paying remotely or by card in person to limit contact.
- Please refer to the Pass and Purchase Options section for pertinent details.
How far in advance can I make a reservation?
Can I reserve multiple spaces in a day?
- Downstairs: 2 blocks of time
- Upstairs: 1 block of time
- Track: 1 block of time
- Combo: 1 block of time for the track, 1 block of time for downstairs
- Refer to Fitness Options section for details on which pieces of equipment are in each area.
What happens if I cannot make my reservation?
- Call us! Space is limited and we can free up the spot for another patron.
- Credits will be issued for cancellations made more than 24 hours in advance.
- Credits or refunds will NOT be issued for cancellations made less than 24 hours in advance.
- Repeated cancellations or no-shows will result in ineligibility to make advance reservations.
Can I make a reservation for another person?
- Individuals need to make their own reservations.
Why are you taking reservations?
- To ensure adherence to regulations out of the State and local health orders.
- Because we listen! 70% of MRD patrons who responded to our survey stated a preference for a reservation based system.
What equipment is available downstairs?
- Predominately Cardio Machines for reservation only
- 3 ellipticals
- 2 stair climbers
- 2 treadmills
- 1 arm ergometer
- 1 NuStep T4r (older model)
- 1 NuStep T5xr (newer model)
- 2 recumbent bikes
- 2 upright bikes
- 3 Spinning bikes
Additionally, these pieces are available and do not require reservations as they are commonly used for shorter duration than other cardio equipment.
- 2 rowers
- 1 skierg
- 1 sled/parachute treadmill
- 1 StarTrac elliptical
What are reservation time limits?
How many reservations can I place?
- 2 Consecutive on different machine types
What equipment is available upstairs?
- A mix of cardio and weightlifting equipment.
- 7 treadmills
- 3 ellipticals
- 2 FlexStrider ellipticals
- 1 recumbent bike
- 1 upright bike
- Free weight areas
- Machine weight circuit
Are reservations required upstairs? Are their time limits?
- The equipment upstairs is not reserved on a piece by piece basis, but by time slots, for exercising upstairs and are limited to ensure access to equipment and to adhere to social distancing and group gathering size mandates.
Ok, how long are the time slots for upstairs?
- 1 hour 15 minute time slots for upstairs.
What other rules are there for the weight room and upstairs fitness?
- The weight machine circuit is limited to 6 users and those users cannot be on adjacent weight machines at any time. Limit excessive rest breaks, sets, and repetitions to allow others to use the weight machine circuit.
- The free weight area has been divided into distinct grids. Exercisers can take equipment into an open grid, but must clean that equipment before returning it to its rack.
- Use of the walking/jogging track requires a separate reservation for that space.
- Ceiling fans, difficult to disinfect equipment, drinking fountains, and storage cubbies are not available for use.
- Please bring a water bottle filled with water. Water bottle filling stations will be available.
What tracks are open?
- The outer loop of the combined hill and flat track is open.
- The mountain track (stair and gymnasium) is closed.
- The straightaway between the hill track and flat track is closed.
- Track use is by reservation only and is not open to users of the fitness area.
Are track directions the same as before?
- The combined hill/flat track now goes in one counterclockwise direction.
Can I meet my friend and walk on the track?
- Track use is limited to single file use while maintaining social distancing standards.
- There is no side-by-side traffic permitted on the track as it is limited to one lane.
What if I am a fast walker or want to jog on the track?
- A designated passing lane has been setup to enable passing where doing so does not break social distancing standards.
- Slower walkers are to step aside and let others pass in the corners of the hill track.
- Use of the track will likely require an inordinate amount of patience and consideration for other users. If users are intent to use at a noticeably faster pace than others, the system likely will not work well.
What specifically is being done to enhance public safety?
- Staff and patrons will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and have their temperature checked prior to entry.
- Hand sanitization is required before entering the building.
- Sneeze guards have been installed at the front desk and the fitness balcony.
- Masks will be worn by staff at all times.
- All patrons are required to wear a mask or facial covering at all times when not engaged in a reserved exercise activity. This includes when entering and exiting the building, walking through the building, and anytime social distancing cannot be maintained.
- One-way flow patterns have been established throughout the facility.
- Patrons will clean all equipment before and after use and staff will disinfect equipment after use.
- Overhead fans have been disabled throughout the facility to reduce the recirculation of air in enclosed spaces. Equipment that disperses air have been strategically placed for the same purpose.
- Drinking fountains, showers, lockers, and locker rooms have been turned off or closed to minimize high contact areas.
- Restrooms and high contact areas and surfaces will receive additional cleaning throughout the day.
- All machines, equipment, and lifting areas have been distanced to establish and maintain social distancing standards.
- Gridded workout stations have been established to visually depict appropriate distancing requirement.
- Individual cleaning supplies will be provided to all participants. No shared cleaning supplies will be available.
- Social distancing markers have been established in waiting areas.
- Equipment that is difficult or impossible to disinfect between users has been temporarily removed.