U-HAUL focused on promoting health and fitness for team members through the COVID-19 pandemic. Read below to learn the five steps they took to prioritize wellness!
1. We understand that medical care is of vital importance to our team, particularly during a pandemic. As such, U-Haul covered the costs of telemedicine visits with our medical partner for all U-Haul Team Members and their families.
2. We have added a “BlueCare Anywhere Kiosk Room” to the U-Haul Midtown Campus in Phoenix, as well as at the U-Haul Technical Center in Tempe. These rooms serve as a private space for Team Members to visit with doctors. They also function as spaces for Team Members to receive counseling, legal guidance, or financial services through U-Haul's Employee Assistance Program, a company-funded program to promote overall health.
3. Since gyms have been closed, we added a fitness app subscription option to our Get Fit program, which is a workout-reimbursement incentive. This allows Team Members to continue exercising from the comfort of their homes or favorite outdoor spaces while still receiving help to cover the costs of any fitness memberships.
4. We are hosting 1-2 webinars per month focusing on a range of topics. U-Haul partners with many different vendors to cover subjects like mental health; how to eat healthily on a budget; parenting challenges and solutions; financial well-being; dental health; healthy aging; and much more.
5. In early 2021, we expect to complete construction on the U-Haul Conference & Fitness Center on our Midtown Campus in Phoenix. This state-of-the-art complex will showcase a full gym with an indoor running track, basketball courts, weight training, group fitness rooms, a medical clinic, conference rooms, and more. This is another way we can offer our team the tools to achieve fitness goals and maintain a healthy work-life balance. Once the facility is completed, U-Haul hopes to host Wellness AtoZ forums when in-person events are acceptable. We care about the health and happiness of our Team Members, as they are our main priority.