NEW IBERIA, La. --- On New Year’s Eve, December 31, 2019, the Acadiana Community Film Series will highlight the area's top local film makers. If you couldn’t attend the 2018 and 2019 Iberia Film Festival, here's your chance to see award-winning local films.
All films will be shown at the historical Essanee Theater (126 Iberia St.) with the first film shown at 2 p.m. The event will end at 4:30pm with the “People’s Choice Award” that will be chosen by the audience in attendance.
The Acadiana Community Film Series is a fundraiser for the Iberia Film Festival, Iberia Performing Arts League’s annual summer event.
The lineup will include the following films:
- “Pavy” Filmmaker Carrie Simon – Executive Producer Vicky Barton
- “Modern Conveniences” Filmmaker James Edmunds
- “No Planet for Stormtroopers” Filmmaker David Wattigny
- “Envisionary” Filmmaker Phanat Xanamane
- “Happy Birthday” Filmmaker Paul Schex
- “The Cajun Graduate” Filmmaker Paul Schex
- “Freedom” Filmmaker Carrie Simon
- “Quiet and Clear” Filmmaker Andre Rangiah – Executive Producer Andre Verdun Jones
- “By Mouth Only” Filmmaker James Edmunds
- “The Incident of the Giant Ammonia-Breathing Space Crabs” Filmmaker James Edmunds
For the complete lineup and ticket information visit
Tickets are $10 at the door. Discount tickets are available on the Iberia Film Festival's