JOB SUMMARY: The Executive Director (ED) will serve as the chief operating officer of the Long Center (LC) complex and is responsible for the day-to-day operations, scheduling, and programming for the Long Center. The ED will execute the annual operating plan as set forth by the Board of Directors (BOD) and in conjunction with the LC’s mission and strategic plan. The ED is responsible for the general development and implementation of all business plans, policies, procedures, marketing, rental structures, and operating budgets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitors all facility operations and ongoing projects on a daily basis
- Directs staff members necessary to operate the facility and approves time sheets
- Originates and administers systems, policies, and annual operating budgets
- Coordinates with staff the booking and events operations, rentals, and contracts with resident companies frequent users, and other promoters/presenters
- Approves all expenses and monitors the purchasing of equipment and supplies to be consistent with approved budgets
- Negotiates for all outside services and monitors the activity of contractors, subcontractors, and others to ensure the success of all events
- Develops sources of ancillary revenues such as concessions, merchandise, etc.
- Promotes the use of the facilities by developing programs that targets underserved segments of our population
- Encourages and maintains positive public relations for the Long Center
- Negotiates contracts and monitors daily activities of in-house food and beverage service
Read more duties at the link below.
This is a full-time/exempt position; annual salary range $68-73k commensurate with skills and experience with a stipend for health care.
A background check and a check of criminal conviction records may be required for employment.
Review of applications will begin on April 8th with interviews beginning the week of April 15th. The target start date for this position is May 6, 2019.
Interested applicants please submit the following by email to
(no phone calls please):
- cover letter including salary requirements
- two professional references with contact information
- attach or include links to a portfolio and/or supporting materials that demonstrate your role in related projects and proven track record of work and leadership in related areas