The goal of this course is to enhance
student knowledge and confidence
concerning Use of Force issues.
The class is designed to help students develop a positive pre-use of force mindset and to look at use of force incidents as the courts do.
The course will include classroom discussion and group study exercises.
Subjects will include:
Understanding how force is evaluated
Use of Force documentation
Review of Case Laws
The importance of Articulation
Investigation of a force incident from a Sergeant's perspective
Todd Markley is a retired 28 year veteran of the Arlington County Virginia Police Department. He is an expert on police related skills pertaining to Use of Force, Defensive Tactics, Firearms and Officer Safety issues. He has experience as a Patrol Officer, a Patrol Crime Scene Technician and as a Patrol Sergeant. Todd is a Certified Instructor with the Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Academy as a Use of Force Expert. At the present time, he is a supervisor at the Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Academy and is responsible for all use of force training to include designing lesson plans to teach use of force law, scenario based training exercises and evaluating Recruits on performance testing.
All members of the criminal justice and legal community.
- Missouri City Police Department
3849 Cartwright Road
Missouri City, Texas 77459
- A list of area hotels is available on the registration site
DATES & TIMES:
· Friday, December 13 2019
· Class starts at 8:00 AM Sharp - and ends at 5:00 PM (Local Time)
$199 per person
· Please follow the page prompts for quick, easy registration and confirmation.
· Check made payable to:
TRAINING FORCE USA
3681 Loma Farm Road
Tallahassee, FL 32309
· Purchase Order
· Credit Card payment made online at
CANCELLATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS:
· Upon submission of this registration, participants are responsible
for payment of this course
· Please note that if you do not attend, you are still responsible for
· Substitutions may be made at any time by phone, e-mail or online
at the registration site.
Claude A. Pichard, Training Force USA