August Networking on August 13 at
PRSA-SF is hosting the August networking event at Netvibes, a company that pioneered the first personalized dashboard publishing platform, in the heart of the financial district.
Don't miss the chance to:
- Indulge in delicious complimentary drinks and appetizers provided by Netvibes
- Mingle with PR professionals from across the Bay Area
- Learn about Netvibes' all-in-one dashboard intelligence platform for PR professionals
- Hear about open positions and scout new talent for your organization
- Learn about upcoming PRSA programs and networking events
When: Thursday, August 13, 5:30--7:30 p.m.
Where: 625 Market Street, 14th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105
(close to Montgomery Street BART Station)
Cost: Free for Members/Non-Members
SAVE THE DATE -- August 20,
Shoot & Score: A Discussion on Sports and Entertainment PR
Sports & Entertainment PR Panel
When: Thursday, August 20, 2015; 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Where: Oracle Arena
Home of the NBA Champions Golden State Warriors
Don't let the bright lights fool 'ya!
During this panel you will learn about the high demands of a sports and entertainment publicist and their day to day responsibilities. It's a great opportunity to network with other Bay Area PR professionals with similar interests.
BONUS: Join us for a VIP, behind-the-scenes look at the BMW Club, inside Oracle Arena.
Details Coming Soon
- Kate Girotti, Director of Sales & Marketing, AEG
- Marcus Thompson, Sports Columnist, Bay Area News Group
- Stephanie Martin, Vice President, Marketing & Communications, Super Bowl 50
American Copy Editors Society - Editing Boot Camp
The American Copy Editors Society is holding an Editing Boot Camp in San Francisco to help you stay relevant in your work by polishing your editing skills. Registration is now open for this informative session facilitated by industry experts who will share practical information and answer your questions on the latest editing trends or the basics. Register now and don't miss the chance to learn about:
- Why editing is important (and how to convince your bosses)
- Grammar and punctuation basics
- Commonly confused and misused words
- Elements of proofreading
- Clarity: smoothing out dense or garbled prose, streamlining copy
- Accuracy: checking facts and sources, ensuring charts/graphics are correct, identifying and filling in missing information
- Headlines: writing clear, informative display type in print and online (including SEO)
- Style: why you need a style guide
When: Wednesday, August 5, 2015 -- 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Where: San Francisco Marriott Marquis, 780 Mission St., San Francisco
How much: $95 for ACES members, $150 for nonmembers. Lunch will be on your own, with several options nearby.
- ACES President Teresa Schmedding, deputy managing editor of digital operations for the Daily Herald Media Group (Chicago)
- Andy Bechtel, copy editor and professor at UNC-Chapell Hill
- Sue Bullard, ACES exec, UN-Lincoln journalism professor and former managing editor of The Detroit News
- Fred Vultee, ACES exec and associate professor at Wayne State University
PRSA-SAN FRANCISCO CHAPTER NEWS
Attention PRSA-San Francisco Chapter Members
We have exciting news about our upcoming interactive member directory feature on our website. We are making a few changes so it will become the place to promote you. During the next two weeks, the current member profile system will not be available for you to use. We will be making the full transition within that time. We will notify you by email when the new member directory system is active. You will get full instructions on how to use the new directory and specific login details. We appreciate your patience during this transition. If you have questions, please feel free to contact Marit Fox, chapter administrator at
PRSA-PUBLIC RELATIONS TRAINING
FREE Upcoming Webinars (Member Only Benefit)
7/15 - What the Trend? 2015 Trends You May Have Missed and 2016 Trends on the Horizon
(On-Demand Available July 22)
7/16 - Business Essentials for Strategic Public Relations Success (On-Demand, available July 23)
7/21 - Play with Your Words (On-Demand, available July 28)
7/23 - Show What You Know (On-Demand, available July 30
7/29-30 - Art of the Storyteller Master Class with Ann Wylie -- San Francisco, CA
7/30-31 - Ragan's Content Marketing Summit at LinkedIn -- Mountain View, CA
For information on other events, visit www.prsa.org/Learning
PR NEWS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
8 Social Media Marketing Mistakes to Avoid [Infographic]- Read more at
Study: More Americans Are Getting News on Facebook and Twitter - Read more at
7 Surprising Habits That Will Turn You Into a CEO - Read more at
Study: Push Notifications Are as Distracting as Phone Calls - Read more at
THANK YOU TO OUR CHAPTER SPONSORS