Yarmouth Art Guild – Annual Meeting Minutes
October 7, 2020
Board Member, Gerry Murray, called the meeting of the Yarmouth Art Guild to order in the Great Room of the Cultural Center of Cape Cod at 10:10 am, welcoming all members, guests, and the Demo Artist, Jonathan Earle.
By motion, the Minutes of September 7, 2020, were unanimously approved.
This being our Annual Meeting when Officers are elected for the new year, Gerry called the proposed candidates to the front to be voted on for a one year term beginning Oct. 7, 2020 thru Oct. 6, 2021. The slate was announced as follows: The Board of Directors Executive Board: President, Joan Johnson; 1st VP, Pam DeYoung; Recording Secretary Jan Darcy; Membership Secretary, Cis Poremba; Corresponding Secretary, Mary Kay Ebersold and Treasurer Gerry Murray; and the remaining Board Members are Appointed Members: Leslie Altman, Demo Artist (with guidance from Michael Helfen), Cis Poremba continuing with the Showcase Member position, Joan Swaluk as Web Administrator, Gail Burke as Historian, Jan Darcy as Sales Coordinator and Joan Shostak as Community Liaison.
The vote was taken and the slate approved.
Gerry mentioned that we are Zooming the meeting for the first time. We will continue to improve our ZOOM connection.
Members were encouraged to review the website for all upcoming events and activities including:
· EXISTING INDOOR SITES for displaying members’ art.
· NEW FEATURE: “On-Line” Painting Sales – Design has been completed; there is still time to register. You must be a paid member $40 and the fee is $35 for the design set up of your page and service to maintain for one year. “Guidelines” are available. Contact: Joan Swaluk for your copy. [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]
FINANCE: Gerry Murray reported that YAG'S current checking account balance is $4,324; the CD account has $31,903. The financial reports from our accountant are now available : The 3rd Quarter Report shows a profit of $1,749.67; the year to date Net Income is $394.07. We expect incoming dues to bolster our bottom line during this final quarter of 2020. I will be happy to send copies of the reports to anyone who requests one via email at email@example.com.
· DUES – Once again . . . Please, if you have not paid, kindly do asap.
· VOLUNTEERS still needed in several areas; please email Joan Johnson.
· Once again, be sure to check YAG website regularly.
· The Next YAG General Meeting is Nov. 4th, with Robert Mesrop, watercolorist as our Demo Artist.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 10:20.
Jan Darcy, Recording Secretary,
October 18, 2020
Yarmouth Art Guild
P.O. Box 235, So. Yarmouth, MA 02664
Attn,.: Gerry Murray, Treasurer
Oct. 28, 2020