Sonoma Valley Fund Launches Grants Program
Sonoma Valley Fund is pleased to announce the launch of a new capacity building grants program in August 2015. "Our goal is to provide funding and technical assistance to organizations interested in committing time, energy and innovative thinking to assess and plan for increased organizational effectiveness", said Barbara Hughes, Chair of Sonoma Valley Fund's Grants Committee.
Selected organizations will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in a facilitated learning cohort;
- Receive consultation in capacity-building and an organizational assessment;
- Get support in developing a capacity-building plan; and,
- Obtain funding of $5,000 to be used at the grantee's discretion.
This program recognizes and supports nonprofits currently addressing the unmet health needs of our most vulnerable populations as outlined in the Portrait of Sonoma County. We define health as a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being. A healthy community is one that is committed to equity through continuously creating and improving both its physical and social environments. Organizations whose mission aligns with this definition and who value capacity building are encouraged to apply.
We will be hosting a Grants Workshop at the Sonoma Valley Grange on Wednesday, August 26th from 3-4 p.m. If you are interested in attending this workshop, please email Karin Demarest no later than August 21st to register.
Complete Application Timeline
- August 3rd, 2015: Grants information will be posted to Sonoma Valley Fund's website
- August 24th: Grant application opens online
- August 26th, 2015, 3-4pm: Grants Workshop at Sonoma Valley Grange, 18627 Sonoma Highway, Sonoma
- September 25th, 2015: Online grant application closes at 5pm
- Mid-November, 2015: Applicants informed of grant awards
A complete description of the grants program, the grant criteria and the guidelines can be found on Sonoma Valley Fund's website.
How to Apply
Beginning on August 24th, a link for submitting online grant applications will be available on both Sonoma Valley Fund and Community Foundation Sonoma County websites.
Please visit our website if you have additional questions about Sonoma Valley Fund Grant Programs. If the question you have isn't answered above or on our website, please email Karin Demarest at email.