As 2018 comes to a close, I wanted to reflect and thank you for your support of New Century Careers.
2018 was an exciting year, and NCC has much to celebrate and be thankful for.
Looking back on 2018
With your support, New Century Careers:
- Enrolled 51 trainees in the MANUFACTURING 2000 (M2K) program.
- Hosted Governor Tom Wolf for a visit and PAsmart press conference.
- Launched New Century Job Shop, offering a unique way for companies to outsource manufactured components and provide real-world experiences to M2K trainees.
- Hired a full-time Job Shop Manager to help oversee New Century Job Shop.
- Initiated a Group Non-Joint Registered Apprenticeship recognized by the PA Apprenticeship Council for individuals seeking Journeyperson status as a Machinist.
- Recruited 136 Apprentices to enroll in the Pittsburgh Chapter NTMA Apprenticeship Program.
- Filmed a segment on The Lynne Hayes-Freeland Show and spoke with Larry and John on the KDKA Radio Morning News.
- Hosted many groups, including area high schools, community-based organizations, funders and leaders of the local manufacturing community for tours of the Training Innovation Center.
- Participated in several STEM career awareness events, including Remake Learning Days and National Manufacturing Day.
We look forward to 2019 as New Century Careers will be
. We couldn’t have done this without your support.
Special thanks to NCC’s staff, board of directors, funders & donors, business leaders and elected officials. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.
Wishing you the happiest of holidays and new year.