The Emerging Composter Challenge is an annual business pitch competition open to entrepreneurs of all ages looking to jumpstart their businesses in the organics recycling space. Applicants from any business that recycles or supports the recycling of organics are encouraged to apply! The final round of the competition will be held at
in Phoenix, with cash prizes awarded to the top 3 finishers.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS OPEN!
We are looking for new businesses that span the entire organics recycling industry:
- technology innovations (apps, equipment, software);
- composting systems;
- innovations for producing compost;
- businesses that focus on contamination aversion
- public education focused businesses
- compost facilities and collection models, especially in under-served areas
- businesses focused on compost use
Applicants can be for-profit or not-for-profit business owners who have been in existence 3 years or less; and have an annual sales revenue of $100,000 or less, Applicants should be looking for ways to gain feedback and momentum in pursuing their project, program, or business concept.
This year’s first round will be judged prior to the conference and the three finalists will get the opportunity to present in front of the conference as well as competing for first ($5,000), second ($3,500) and third ($1,500) place prizes!
Find the application and more detail