Changes for Church Activities from March 16 thru April 4
These other changes are in effect or being considered by the council.
- Serving of food at the church will not be allowed. This affects Wednesday evening soup suppers and all other events at Lord of Love/
Recommended changes (to be discussed by the council):
- Suspension of all group activities at the church thru April 4. Includes:
- Sunday and Wednesday Lenten Worship
- Community outreach activities based at the church
- Group activities (Tai Chi, Choir, Brass, Quilting, Men's Group, etc)
These decisions/recommendations came about through significant discussion.
We feel that we need to seriously take efforts to limit the spread of this virus. Our congregation can do this by participating in the implementation of social distancing and other practices that help limit the potential spread of the virus. It is also prudent that we don't create situations in which people feel obligated to attend.
We are rapidly investigating options to keep connected to our worshiping community.
- Online streaming of lessons and sermons and faith stories. The streaming will be made accessible through our website and Facebook pages.
- Weekly and special e-announcements to help you keep informed of ongoing changes and prayer needs
- One Call announcements
- Devotion sources as identified on our website
As always, Pastor Becky is available for discussion or special ministry needs.
What happens after April 4?
We will continue to evaluate the overall situation as it progresses.
At the end of March and beginning of April we will engage in further discussions to determine future impact. Although we are hopeful that we would be able to resume regular ministry activities, we need to be prepared that this will continue for a longer period of time.
Please be patient with us as we navigate these uncharted waters and protocols together.
We encourage you to find ways to be the body of Christ to your neighbors and one another. This means calling and checking on people regularly, and encouraging each other in faith and life during these uncertain times. As your leadership team, we hope to do the same.
God’s peace and blessings to you all.